home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: WOuld you Consider Resort-only Stays?
No way: Parks every (or almost) every day or we're not there 13 13.68%
I might consider some split with fewer parks and more resort days 29 30.53%
Yes, I would do/have done resort-only stays 47 49.47%
Other (please add comments) 6 6.32%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM   #51
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
As DVC is our only TS, for us joining has always been more about the resorts then the parks. My surmising is MO's who own multiple TS use those other venues for resort stays or it may be that each TS has it's own draw - music, winter sports, etc.
We own HGVC as well as DVC. We are not generally "resort only" people. Even when we use our HGVC to to the Big Island, while we do spend a good bit of time in the resort, we go far and wide. We also use hotels for visits.

DVC, though, we got for parks. Plain and simple.

Well, looking at results so far (and from the comments, I think 1 of the "Other" really goes into the "no resort-only" and the others are in one of the other two categories.

So, this works out to: 15.5%
Some consideration of resort-heavy: 84.5%

(And the latter has a split between resort-only and "lots of resorts.")
Cheers.

No resort only:
Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM   #52
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

I think most people buy into DVC for the parks. The current cost situation of tickets, lack of APs, food, etc has driven the trend for resort only stays. They clearly do not value DVC members as we, as a group are not big spenders at WDW.

Last edited by bubster; Yesterday at 11:00 AM.
bubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM   #53
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
I think most people buy into DVC for the resorts.
I would be very surprised if this were the case, despite the poll above. We are far from representative of the general DVC populace.

There are just so many better places to spend ones many for non-park destinations.

I'm curious how many people here actually bought for the resorts, and not parks, in the first place.

Cheers.
Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM   #54
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
I would be very surprised if this were the case, despite the poll above. We are far from representative of the general DVC populace.

There are just so many better places to spend ones many for non-park destinations.

I'm curious how many people here actually bought for the resorts, and not parks, in the first place.

Cheers.
I fixed the mistake on my post. I MEANT to say most buy for the parks. While typing was juggling multiple texts and messages. Brain fart.
Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM   #55
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

It pretty much goes without saying that if you took all the Disney property and airbrushed out the parks (and let's include the waterparks in that), leaving all the resorts and restaurants unchanged and Disney Springs and the busses and the campground, nobody would buy. Well, I shouldn't say that, it is an intriguing concept. But the price would have to be considerably lower.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM   #56
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post

Cheers.
I enjoy a bubble and don't like my bubble compromised by dumpster divers and unkept areas. We've no urge to submerge into local life. We have a long list of places we'll never go - LOL. Yes, WDW Parks were a tipping point of our DVC membership but the biggest PERK is the BUBBLE.
Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM   #57
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
I enjoy a bubble and don't like my bubble compromised by dumpster divers and unkept areas. We've no urge to submerge into local life. We have a long list of places we'll never go - LOL. Yes, WDW Parks were a tipping point of our DVC membership but the biggest PERK is the BUBBLE.