home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-16-2022, 11:35 PM   #11
wiltony
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Munsil View Post
I have done this many times with third-party tickets. I suppose they might have changed policies, but in the past, unused tickets could definitely be applied toward a new AP or an upgrade.
That's great! Can you confirm you did this for a renewal?
wiltony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 12:53 AM   #12
Don Munsil
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltony View Post
That's great! Can you confirm you did this for a renewal?
Yes, for a renewal, with an Undercover Tourist ticket.
Don Munsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 03:09 PM   #13
Don Munsil
Grand Villa

One thing that strikes me is that Iíve always done this in person at WDW. In the past, there were several types of upgrades and ticket changes that you could realistically only do in person. Thatís changed somewhat, now that people have their tickets associated with their accounts and Disney doesnít have to deal with ďlooseĒ tickets. But itís certainly possible that using an unused ticket as a credit toward an Annual Pass upgrade might be the kind of thing thatís easier to do in person.

As to direct purchased tickets versus third-party purchased tickets, thereís really no particular reason that I can think of that they should have different eligibility for use toward an upgrade. There used to be a problem where third-party and package tickets were being credited at the wholesale price rather than the retail price, and ticketing staff had to know the extra step needed to fix that, but I havenít heard of that happening in a while.
Don Munsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:50 PM   #14
BEAM4DVC
Two Bedroom

I don't want to freak anyone out especially WILTONY who so kindly answered my original question!!!

I just got off the phone with DVC Member Services and talked to what appeared to be a knowledgeable CM.

She said they are no longer doing the credit from regular ticket purchases toward DVC APs. She stated that they used to do this, but have recently stopped the practice. I was told that I had to wait for 60 days before my AP expiration date to renew my APs. She reassured me that there would be Park Reservations available in October for my January/February trip according to WDW's stats. I sure hope so!

Perhaps if you bought regular tickets a while ago, you'll be "grandfathered" in, but this was not an option for me today. So I put this on my calendar to purchase them first day that our APs are eligible.

I didn't want to upset anyone and I don't know if she was wrong, but I wanted to let everyone know that this seems to be the newest twist on AP purchases!

If anyone gets a different answer, let us all know! Thanks!
BEAM4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:57 PM   #15
wiltony
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAM4DVC View Post
I don't want to freak anyone out especially WILTONY who so kindly answered my original question!!!

I just got off the phone with DVC Member Services and talked to what appeared to be a knowledgeable CM.

She said they are no longer doing the credit from regular ticket purchases toward DVC APs. She stated that they used to do this, but have recently stopped the practice. I was told that I had to wait for 60 days before my AP expiration date to renew my APs. She reassured me that there would be Park Reservations available in October for my January/February trip according to WDW's stats. I sure hope so!

Perhaps if you bought regular tickets a while ago, you'll be "grandfathered" in, but this was not an option for me today. So I put this on my calendar to purchase them first day that our APs are eligible.

I didn't want to upset anyone and I don't know if she was wrong, but I wanted to let everyone know that this seems to be the newest twist on AP purchases!

If anyone gets a different answer, let us all know! Thanks!

Thanks for letting us know. You might try giving the AP team a call, rather than DVC member services. That's who I spoke to. I'm curious if you'll get the same answer.

I was nervous about them not following through with their "promise" and recorded the time, date, and CM name in my notes. I even shared this concern with her and she said I can refer back to our conversation when requesting the credit toward our renewal and it will be honored. Here's hoping!
wiltony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 01:47 PM   #16
sawickipedia
Grand Villa

Quote:
Thanks for letting us know. You might try giving the AP team a call, rather than DVC member services. That's who I spoke to. I'm curious if you'll get the same answer.

I was nervous about them not following through with their "promise" and recorded the time, date, and CM name in my notes. I even shared this concern with her and she said I can refer back to our conversation when requesting the credit toward our renewal and it will be honored. Here's hoping!
I've done the @wiltony recommended strategy before and it worked great (just save the confirmation email w/ the confirmation # from your regular ticket purchase to smooth over the upgrades)

I would be VERY surprised at Disney not allowing paid ticket to AP upgrades anymore and agree w/ you @wiltony worth someone talked to the AP team directly not DVC.

for disney news - check out/follow my disney twitter list of leading WDW news sites

home resorts: bwv/blt/pvb/aul/riv
1982 - PR / 1984 - PR / 2012 - PR / 2014 - DL (off-resort) / 2015 - POR / 2017 - POR / 2018 - BCV & BWV/ 2019 - BWV & BWV / 2020 - RIV, PVB & BWV / 2021 - BWV, RiV, BWV

NEXT TRiP Easter 2022 BWV
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 04:07 PM   #17
BEAM4DVC
Two Bedroom

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
I've done the @wiltony recommended strategy before and it worked great (just save the confirmation email w/ the confirmation # from your regular ticket purchase to smooth over the upgrades)

I would be VERY surprised at Disney not allowing paid ticket to AP upgrades anymore and agree w/ you @wiltony worth someone talked to the AP team directly not DVC.
Thank you both! I will call AP ticket sales and let you know what they say! Since they don't sell the DVC AP (at least that's my understanding), I figured calling DVC MS was the way to go. I'll keep you posted!
BEAM4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 04:23 PM   #18
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAM4DVC View Post
Thank you both! I will call AP ticket sales and let you know what they say! Since they don't sell the DVC AP (at least that's my understanding), I figured calling DVC MS was the way to go. I'll keep you posted!
When it is beyond the scope of what MS can do, AP line is the one you will have to call.