home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Non-DVC-Related Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-02-2022, 09:09 PM   #11
babysimba
Grand Villa

Wow! Those trips sound amazing! Thank you for posting! I didn't realize Prince's house was open for touring. Really cool.
Old 06-02-2022, 09:18 PM   #12
babysimba
Grand Villa

sidenote: Congrats to your neice on her high school graduation. I sometimes forget how long I have been a member of MO's until I read someones child graduates/gets married/has a baby, etc. Best of luck to her as she embarks on her next chapter.
Old 06-02-2022, 10:39 PM   #13
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

A whirlwind for sure! Thanks for taking the time to share. Glad all quite pleasant occasions with family and friends.

Congratulations to your niece!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 09:39 AM   #14
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
Whew! I’m exhausted just reading about your month of crazy. Sounds like you had a wonderful time at all your locations and events.

You don’t usually share but so glad you did this time. Thanks!
I periodically post DVC trip reports when I think something interesting is going on. But, yeah, not so much on non-DVC. I figure they're interesting to me, and that's it. In this case I think I posted at least partially to see it in writing and realize that it had been real

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
sidenote: Congrats to your neice on her high school graduation. I sometimes forget how long I have been a member of MO's until I read someones child graduates/gets married/has a baby, etc. Best of luck to her as she embarks on her next chapter.
Thanks. Not having kids we follow our nieces' and nephew's progress through life.

And, by the way, this niece said "of course I still want to go to Disney." And, since Orlando is about halfway between home and school, that could work out well

Cheers.
Old 06-03-2022, 06:45 PM   #15
Kerri jo
Grand Villa

Glad you were able to make all of your adventures happen!
2022 ~ BLT, AUL, PVB, Contemporary, BRV, PVB, AUL; 2021 ~ SSR, BCV, SSR, PVB, POP, SSR, BWV, RIV, BLT, PVB; 2020 ~ AUL, BCV, BWV; 2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 08:07 PM   #16
SherriH
Studio

Wow, that is a lot of travel, but sounds really fun.
SherriH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 11:13 PM   #17
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Then we got ready for dinner and went to a very mediocre Italian restaurant. Back to the hotel to hang with some beer and wine.
Just curious, what restaurant? Don't live in Minneapolis but went to college there. Drive up there sometimes for day trips.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 12:46 AM   #18
ajc
Grand Villa

[quote=brp;1741446]Two days at tome and then a 6AM flight to Philly.

We had a day to walk down into Philly. We visited Ben Franklin's grave and saw that one of the donors to the site was none other than Jersey-born Jon Bon Jovi.

Thread drift: my DH from Jersey stole Bon Jovi's girlfriend in the 70's before he made it big.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 04:46 AM   #19
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

Isn't it nice that travel is back!

The NOLa Jazz Fest always seems so interesting but I swore off of large venue concerts awhile ago. We are thinking of the French Quarter Fest since this is smaller and downtown so we would likely have a hotel close by to escape to if we needed a break from the crowds.

Flying in the front of the bus makes a huge difference. While I don't find the Lie-flat seats to be all that comfortable it is nice to have the social distancing especially when combined with the use of lounges in the airport.

Looking forward to our first visit to London next spring as part of a London/Paris/Switzerland trip. Once again it sure is nice to be traveling again.
Old 06-04-2022, 02:14 PM   #20
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJacksFamily View Post
Isn't it nice that travel is back!

The NOLa Jazz Fest always seems so interesting but I swore off of large venue concerts awhile ago. We are thinking of the French Quarter Fest since this is smaller and downtown so we would likely have a hotel close by to escape to if we needed a break from the crowds.
The thing about Fest is that the Fairgrounds is a very large place with multiple venues and plenty of places to get away from people. Have not been to French Quarter Fest yet, but friends who've gone say it's very crowded in a more confined space in some ways. So the experience may not be that different. But we want to do FQF in the future.

Cheers.