home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-07-2017, 04:11 AM   #741
cali09
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmess View Post
There was a rumor that Target will be discounting different GCs on Sundays in December. Will be interesting to see if this happens. In the past years, Target discounted the Disney GCs - one year I think it was $5 off and if you could find the $25 Disney cards, it was a better savings than the $50 cards, which had the same $5 off.
If they discount the $25 Disney GC's $5, I will certainly be getting some of those

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt

cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:43 AM   #742
unveilmyeyes
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Me View Post
Those of you told I would keep trying. Maybe you will get some pixie dust
yes it's worked for years, doubtful it would change all of a sudden
unveilmyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:43 AM   #743
unveilmyeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw62803 View Post
The woman who would not allow me to purchase a Disney GC with a Target GC said it was because people have been purchasing Target GCs with stolen credit cards. She said it is up to individual stores whether or not they allow people to purchase Disney cards with Target cards. That particular Target does not.
self checkout ftw!
Old 12-07-2017, 09:46 AM   #744
unveilmyeyes

Quote:
There was a rumor that Target will be discounting different GCs on Sundays in December. Will be interesting to see if this happens. In the past years, Target discounted the Disney GCs - one year I think it was $5 off and if you could find the $25 Disney cards, it was a better savings than the $50 cards, which had the same $5 off.
Not quite $5 off $25 gift card, that would have been epic. But was buy 2 gift cards and you'd get bonus gift card. Thus the smaller the gcs you could find, the better you'd be. Stacked with red card so was obviously a really good deal! If you don't need to pay dues soon or don't have trip planned, not really a reason to rush to redeem.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:31 AM   #745
jmmess
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by unveilmyeyes View Post
Not quite $5 off $25 gift card, that would have been epic. But was buy 2 gift cards and you'd get bonus gift card. Thus the smaller the gcs you could find, the better you'd be. Stacked with red card so was obviously a really good deal! If you don't need to pay dues soon or don't have trip planned, not really a reason to rush to redeem.
That was it! Thanks for the correction.
jmmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:35 AM   #746
unveilmyeyes

Quote:
That was it! Thanks for the correction.
It was epic If they run it again this year, would be a legendary deal if people still had their discounted target gift cards
Old 12-07-2017, 12:00 PM   #747
jmmess
Grand Villa

Quote:
It was epic If they run it again this year, would be a legendary deal if people still had their discounted target gift cards
It was a great deal. I cleared one of the Targets out of the $25 GCs. DVC MS probably wasn't happy with me that year as I faxed in all x# of GCs and PiNs for my dues.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:22 PM   #748
starry_solo
One Bedroom

Quote:
It was a great deal. I cleared one of the Targets out of the $25 GCs. DVC MS probably wasn't happy with me that year as I faxed in all x# of GCs and PiNs for my dues.
LOL, but now you can combine them. Whoever came up with that idea was genius!
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:25 PM   #749
jmmess
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_solo View Post
LOL, but now you can combine them. Whoever came up with that idea was genius!
Hallelujah! Although combining the $25 GCs is the pits. I wish they could be scanned like the Target app. Punching in the numbers takes forever and then combining and only being able to do a max of 5 cards on the account at once. But baby steps!
Old 12-07-2017, 02:49 PM   #750
LR0929
One Bedroom

Quote:

Wow! I am really hoping this happens!
LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote