home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-07-2017, 10:22 AM   #131
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayandry View Post
My wife and I lease. Back on October 5, my wife was in an accident. She wasnít hurt, but the tow hauler and the yard manager both said the car would be totaled. Later, the car place said they thought it would be as well. Over $15,000 in repairs and $3,000 in car rental fees, but they fixed it. She just got it back on Friday. Crazy stuff. Luckily, it was the other personís fault, so nothing out of our pockets!!
Sounds like a big accident....glad to hear your wife was ok.

So, I mentioned our power was out for 14 hours on Tuesday. When I was leaving town to go to Ann Arbor, I called DD to let her know that intersection lights that arenít working are treated as 4-way stops when approaching them. Sheís 17, this was her first time driving around town when the power was out. Anyway, she approached an intersection, slowing as she got there and stopping when she reached the intersection.....and was rear ended! The lady got out of the car and gave her a hard time for stopping. The cops were called, and the cop told the lady my daughter was correct, she was supposed to stop. DD is fine and just a cracked fender on her car. Other lady got the ticket.

ME DH DS19 DD16
disneymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:25 AM   #132
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Hi Sue ... good to see ya, especially now we can say your Viks are doing very good

Dan your worked

Amy nice progress on the move, ... Wow you've got a lot done, but knowing you, that's not a surprise ... try to take it easy

Pam glad to hear you got your power back ... hopefully you didn't get too cold ( when the power was out) ... here's DS will meet you at the Michigan bowl game in Orlando

Dave did you get the tile done ?

Kelly did you start your new stich pattern (the one you just bought) or do you want to finish the other one first

Brian nice to hear your car will be done next week
.... DS just found out his car is totaled, so they'll be car shoping this weekend ... good news, he gets $ 5,000 over blue book price so he'll be able to get a nice car (maybe SUV)

Yep thank goodness for insurance

I can't think of anything else ... so Hello to everyone else ... and you know who you are

WDW

Last edited by Indy; 12-07-2017 at 10:27 AM. Reason: ...... back at ya Mike ....
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:32 PM   #133
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post

So, I mentioned our power was out for 14 hours on Tuesday. When I was leaving town to go to Ann Arbor, I called DD to let her know that intersection lights that aren’t working are treated as 4-way stops when approaching them. She’s 17, this was her first time driving around town when the power was out. Anyway, she approached an intersection, slowing as she got there and stopping when she reached the intersection.....and was rear ended! The lady got out of the car and gave her a hard time for stopping. The cops were called, and the cop told the lady my daughter was correct, she was supposed to stop. DD is fine and just a cracked fender on her car. Other lady got the ticket.
Shame on that lady. Does she think you don't stop at a traffic light that is out. Stupid people. I hope your DD is ok. My DD would be beside herself, questioning if she was in the right. Thank goodness the cop told her she was right.

Can we stop with the accidents already? My DD has her driving test in two weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Hi Sue ... good to see ya, especially now we can say your Viks are doing very good

Dan your worked

Amy nice progress on the move, ... Wow you've got a lot done, but knowing you, that's not a surprise ... try to take it easy

Pam glad to hear you got your power back ... hopefully you didn't get too cold ( when the power was out) ... here's DS will meet you at the Michigan bowl game in Orlando

Dave did you get the tile done ?

Kelly did you start your new stich pattern (the one you just bought) or do you want to finish the other one first

Brian nice to hear your car will be done next week
.... DS just found out his car is totaled, so they'll be car shoping this weekend ... good news, he gets $ 5,000 over blue book price so he'll be able to get a nice car (maybe SUV)

Yep thank goodness for insurance

I can't think of anything else ... so Hello to everyone else ... and you know who you are
I am starting a new one that can leave the house. But I already have the pattern for that one. The ones that I bought are further down the list...but might come on the cruise with me.

How is your son doing? I hope he is over the accident...from a physical perspective....but yay on a new car.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:41 PM   #134
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Sue!!! Hi!!

Kelly - I agree, stop with the car accidents. I feel like we started it all with DS's car.

So we decided just to get an entire new garage door....get the outside of the house up to date since this is the original door from 1989. Its one of those things that you don't pay attention to until you need it and then focus on it too much to make a choice. Well we finally chose one and find out it is 6 to 8 weeks to wait! Got the company to clamp the broken spring, but no guarantee on how long that fix might last.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #135
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
Sue!!! Hi!!

Kelly - I agree, stop with the car accidents. I feel like we started it all with DS's car.

So we decided just to get an entire new garage door....get the outside of the house up to date since this is the original door from 1989. Its one of those things that you don't pay attention to until you need it and then focus on it too much to make a choice. Well we finally chose one and find out it is 6 to 8 weeks to wait! Got the company to clamp the broken spring, but no guarantee on how long that fix might last.
I forgot about his...so than makes four....enough already....wait, five
Old 12-07-2017, 07:35 PM   #136
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

76 years ago today ....

December 7, 1941 .... bombs were dropped on Pearl Harbor

A 90 yo Veteran recalled being a 16 1/2 yo eating breakfast that day and at first thought the alarm going off was a practice drill ... only to find out it was real ... never shot a rifle before, because he was in the Navy, suddenly was shoting at the enemy flying so close to him he could see their eyes.

Thank you to all the Service Men and Women for your Service

WDW
Old 12-07-2017, 07:43 PM   #137
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Kelly cool on possibly taking the new patterns on the cruise .... Yep Kelly its amazing how many of us peeps, .. have or know someone close being in a car accident ... yep enough already .... Thanks on DS, he's doing fine ... he had some neck discomfort after the accident, bit thank goodness it was gone in a few days

Pam so sorry to hear about DD, ... we can tell she's your daughter, she has a lot of class .... thank goodness she is fine and thank goodness that lady was charged by the Police Officer

WDW

Last edited by Indy; 12-07-2017 at 07:56 PM. Reason: .......... 18 days until Christmas ...... :) .........
Old 12-07-2017, 07:46 PM   #138
suecait
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post

So, I mentioned our power was out for 14 hours on Tuesday. When I was leaving town to go to Ann Arbor, I called DD to let her know that intersection lights that arenít working are treated as 4-way stops when approaching them. Sheís 17, this was her first time driving around town when the power was out. Anyway, she approached an intersection, slowing as she got there and stopping when she reached the intersection.....and was rear ended! The lady got out of the car and gave her a hard time for stopping. The cops were called, and the cop told the lady my daughter was correct, she was supposed to stop. DD is fine and just a cracked fender on her car. Other lady got the ticket.
Glad your daughter is ok and didn't have a lot of damage. So if that lady didn't think she had to stop she must then think the other 3 directions don't have to stop. What does she think then? Everyone just magically weaves between each other or BAM!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
We don't want the word getting out and a jinx happening.

Hope your sone was okay. Looks like I might have come back at a bad time. Hope there isn't an accident curse going around here.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:06 PM   #139
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Sue that's why i worded it that way, ... yep No Jinx
.... yep DS is doing fine, thxs
..... and you came back at a good time

WDW
Old 12-07-2017, 08:22 PM   #140
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Howdy folks.......

Dan........:Pokepoke :

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD11DD8

Last edited by Fmer55; 12-07-2017 at 08:23 PM. Reason: who is this sue woman hanging around these parts?:lmbo:
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote