home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-06-2017, 10:19 AM   #841
TexasChick
Two Bedroom

If Iím doing a split stay, (1-5 at one resort and 6th at another), will I be allowed to make dining reservations on the 6th and 7th that same day as I make them for the 1st-5th if I link the reservations?
Old 12-06-2017, 11:21 AM   #842
pdude81
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
If Iím doing a split stay, (1-5 at one resort and 6th at another), will I be allowed to make dining reservations on the 6th and 7th that same day as I make them for the 1st-5th if I link the reservations?
I've had to wait for the second window to open for those reservations. Some have said you can call MS to link the stays so you can have one window (if both stays on the same account), but I haven't tried that before to know if it works.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:31 AM   #843
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
I've had to wait for the second window to open for those reservations. Some have said you can call MS to link the stays so you can have one window (if both stays on the same account), but I haven't tried that before to know if it works.
TexasChick's reservations can't be linked since they are for different resorts.

AFAIK, MS can make ADRs for the length of both stays if you call.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:59 AM   #844
pdude81
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
TexasChick's reservations can't be linked since they are for different resorts.

AFAIK, MS can make ADRs for the length of both stays if you call.
I was under the impression that people have said they did this for separate resorts, but I couldn't understand why they would bother with the restrictions if having separate windows if you could just call to get around it. Could have just been bad reading comprehension on my part. Good to know that they will help you make ADR's over the phone though for split stays. That will help out with our longer summer trips
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:11 PM   #845
rowrbazzle
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
I had the same thing with our upcoming trip. We had three separate reservations (eventually the waitlist came through and we're down to one) and so we had three separate windows for booking dining online. They all showed up in MDE across my days and resorts. I didn't bother with calling to get a jump on my last days because, well, I just didn't care enough.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:49 PM   #846
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
I had the same thing with our upcoming trip. We had three separate reservations (eventually the waitlist came through and we're down to one) and so we had three separate windows for booking dining online. They all showed up in MDE across my days and resorts. I didn't bother with calling to get a jump on my last days because, well, I just didn't care enough.
Fortunately, FP+ booking works properly with consecutive reservations.

Old 12-06-2017, 06:42 PM   #847
poppop45
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Vmcp

What time are Magic Kingdom fireworks on the night of the Christmas Party??
poppop45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:22 PM   #848
Adelard of Bath
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Do you have your room reservation linked?
Well....I didn't....but now I do! Still isn't working for me, though...dang I was so excited for a couple minutes! But at least I have the room linked now. It shows the APs, too.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:12 PM   #849
TexasChick
Two Bedroom

OK. We live in the central time zone. I just wanted to TRIPLE check before I wake up at the crack of dawn that online dining reservations open at 6am ET which would be 5am CT. I believe the phones open at 7am ET. Please chime in when you can. Thanks.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:13 PM   #850
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
OK. We live in the central time zone. I just wanted to TRIPLE check before I wake up at the crack of dawn that online dining reservations open at 6am ET which would be 5am CT. I believe the phones open at 7am ET. Please chime in when you can. Thanks.
Correct.