home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-05-2017, 08:51 PM   #1
ustasmom
One Bedroom

Default I need a Cozumel excursion

Time is running out.

I need something that will work for 2 adults and 4 children. One has a license and one has a learnerís permit but neither is 18 years old. Iím running into excursion issues ie jet skis etc. But I hear that if I book directly that I might have more success.

Any suggestions?
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:17 PM   #2
melk
Grand Villa

Is jet skiing the activity you want to do? I canít help with that but I can tell you what we did in Cozumel.

Weíve been twice with the kids and both times booked our own excursions. The first time we went to Chankanaab and swam with dolphins. Then we spent the rest of the day snorkeling there and had lunch. The next time we went to Mr Sanchos. We didnít do the all inclusive but they do offer it. They had the huge inflatables in the water that the kids loved. I know they had other water activities but we didnít do any of those.

Both places were very good and I felt we got more time and more for our money by booking it ourselves.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:16 AM   #3
JaneBanks
One Bedroom

We just booked Xcaret Natural Adventure Park. I was looking for something that would be suitable for ages 18 to 75. It was so hard to find excursions that I felt would be good for the 70+ in our group.
This one looks like it has something for everyone, and if my parents want to just find a place to lounge, they can do that while the 18 to 24 year olds can go find a bit of adventure.
JaneBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:08 AM   #4
Fiveresorts
Studio

We did the Mayan ruins. You have to take a ferry to the mainland then about another 1 hour bus ride but we liked it.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:36 PM   #5
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveresorts View Post
We did the Mayan ruins. You have to take a ferry to the mainland then about another 1 hour bus ride but we liked it.
Love the Mayan ruins.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:03 PM   #6
Meaghanqt
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by melk View Post
Is jet skiing the activity you want to do? I canít help with that but I can tell you what we did in Cozumel.

Weíve been twice with the kids and both times booked our own excursions. The first time we went to Chankanaab and swam with dolphins. Then we spent the rest of the day snorkeling there and had lunch. The next time we went to Mr Sanchos. We didnít do the all inclusive but they do offer it. They had the huge inflatables in the water that the kids loved. I know they had other water activities but we didnít do any of those.

Both places were very good and I felt we got more time and more for our money by booking it ourselves.
Weíve done the snorkeling and inflatables in Cozumel as well. It turned out to be a fantastic day!
Meaghanqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:00 PM   #7
ustasmom
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by melk View Post

I think that Mr Sanchos wins.
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:31 PM   #8
D C
Add-on Aficionado

When we were there with the kids & extended family, we did the Fury Catamaran. Boat ride to a snorkeling spot. Then off to a "private beach" with tons of huge inflatables in the water for playing on.

Without the kids we've done the Cozumel Bar Hop.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:53 PM   #9
Boundin'
Grand Villa

I rented a chop top jeep and drove around the perimeter of the island. Stop snorkel, stop drink, stop eat, stop drink. Probably not a good idea with kids. Or maybe a great one.

Bippity Boppity Boo Muthafu@$as!

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Peregrination Chronicles
The Fall of Disney
A Tale of Two Views
Back in the S.S.R.
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN
Spring Surprise
NYE in the World

Coming up...

POP! 12/15-12/18/2017 Merry Christmas Baby!
BCV 12/28/17-1/3/18 Happy New Year!
Fantasy 5/21/2018 BLT-Sea-BWV
Dream 9/17/2018 BLT-Sea-BCV

DVC owner The Three B's BCV BWV BLT
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:33 PM   #10
ajc
One Bedroom

is jet skiing something that is done near the best Caribbean snorkeling region?
seems to scare off the fish...
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote