home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-02-2017, 12:36 PM   #1601
cornbread4
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your purchase!
Welcome aboard. I'm also a recent new member and can vouch that the group here is great for learning how to get the most out of your membership. Where's your new home? We're at Boardwalk.
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:45 PM   #1602
Chris71855

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbread4 View Post
Welcome aboard. I'm also a recent new member and can vouch that the group here is great for learning how to get the most out of your membership. Where's your new home? We're at Boardwalk.
Im at the Polynesian started with 50 points direct from Disney to get the extra perks. Plan on adding more resale once the right contract comes along.

Welcome Home!
Chris71855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 01:37 PM   #1603
cornbread4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris71855 View Post
Im at the Polynesian started with 50 points direct from Disney to get the extra perks. Plan on adding more resale once the right contract comes along.

Welcome Home!
Nice- good way to combo the direct perks with resale price advantage. I'm doing it in reverse and am on a waitlist now.

Key tip- while you may be able to get away with a resale contract in a different use year than your direct purchase, they are harder to use together for booking joint stays in the 7-11 month out period. Sign up for all the resale sites for email blasts of new contracts. It gets a bit spammy, but listings often get put out in email ahead of being posted to the corresponding websites.
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 02:22 PM   #1604
Nickys
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris71855 View Post
Hello everyone!

New DVC owner here as of a couple of weeks ago super excited to be apart of the club! Looking forward to many trips to the House of Mouse and to getting to know many of you. Im sure Ill have a ton of questions that Ill need answered and hope you guys will be there for me.
Welcome to MO! When are you planning your first DVC trip?
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:17 PM   #1605
Stefan

Default Saying hi

Hi everyone,

I'm Stefan, living in Germany, and just became a DVC member on a recent cruise on the Fantasy.
We travel a lot internationally, and make it to WDW at least once per year.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:21 PM   #1606
Chris71855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Welcome to MO! When are you planning your first DVC trip?
Im Local I plan a trip to Disney once a month or so. First trip I plan on using my points will be Labor Day weekend next year. Also, If I can get lucky enough, Id like to make a trip up the weekend Toy Story Land opens. Hopefully there will be vacancies.
Chris71855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:27 PM   #1607
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm Stefan, living in Germany, and just became a DVC member on a recent cruise on the Fantasy.
We travel a lot internationally, and make it to WDW at least once per year.
Hi Stefan! Welcome to MouseOwners! And Welcome home!

So much great information on this board, and the folks here are really helpful. Glad to have your join our community. What DVC property did you buy at?

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Tuesday, 12/26/17 - Saturday, 12/30/17 - BLT
Saturday, 12/30/17 - Sunday, 01/07/18 - VGF (Running 1st 1/2 Marathon - 01/06/18)
Wednesday, 06/27/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:30 PM   #1608
Disneynut4sure
Studio

Welcome Home Stefan. Many fun adventures to come

Disneynut4sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:27 PM   #1609
Mermaid724

Hi! I'm a life long Disney fan who recently joined to find more information/inside tips. Looking to visit WDW more often after my recent honeymoon reignited the "WDW Flame" inside, with hopes of eventually staying at the AKL and maybe sometime in the distant future becoming a DVC Member. Love all the tips and hearing about everyone's love for Disney!
Mermaid724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:48 PM   #1610
ajmanz

Default New DVC Member

Hello Everyone! I'm a new DVC Member. Just bought in at The Poly. Very excited since I've been a huge Disney fan since I was little. I'm 33 now and getting married in 2019 to a girl who loves Disney as much as I do. I even got engaged during Happily Ever After last month. Thanks for all the tips and great info on this board.
ajmanz is offline   Reply With Quote