home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-12-2015, 12:26 PM   #21
Syndrome
Grand Villa

Thanks for the pics .
Cant wait to go back "home" in August .

I see they added bed runners since they originally did the refurb. Looks better with the runners ............looked kind of plain with out .

Our pics from Feb. , showing no runners .

Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:40 PM   #22
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Definitely more hits than misses. How was your LR couch? When we were there in November, we commented to a CM about how saggy our couch was already-not holding up well-and they agreed. We also grumped about the new kitchen island. We'd come back from Tide Me Over with a big bag, and had to carefully set it on the island because it's so narrow now. I miss the big old green tile one where you could just plop stuff. And as a certain prominent CM noted, no more Shadow's footprints-it doesn't seem to have the same theming it did before. But on the plus side, I WANT that new LR lamp with the white bird. However, I was told that it was made specifically for the resort and couldn't be sold. And I just love the boxes over the bed, the ones with all the bird outlines. It seems as if those were made for us-we're birders whose main purpose for our annual HHI trip is bird-watching (and relaxing). Lovely photos.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:46 PM   #23
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Definitely more hits than misses. How was your LR couch? When we were there in November, we commented to a CM about how saggy our couch was already-not holding up well-and they agreed. We also grumped about the new kitchen island. We'd come back from Tide Me Over with a big bag, and had to carefully set it on the island because it's so narrow now. I miss the big old green tile one where you could just plop stuff. And as a certain prominent CM noted, no more Shadow's footprints-it doesn't seem to have the same theming it did before. But on the plus side, I WANT that new LR lamp with the white bird. However, I was told that it was made specifically for the resort and couldn't be sold. And I just love the boxes over the bed, the ones with all the bird outlines. It seems as if those were made for us-we're birders whose main purpose for our annual HHI trip is bird-watching (and relaxing). Lovely photos.

We had 2 bedroom only 5 of us. Boys took the 2nd bedroom and DD7 used the LR couch. She is only 45lbs so I don't think I can say anything about it. But we liked the resort and thinking of adding on.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:56 PM   #24
Syndrome
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
We had 2 bedroom only 5 of us. Boys took the 2nd bedroom and DD7 used the LR couch. She is only 45lbs so I don't think I can say anything about it. But we liked the resort and thinking of adding on.
Just think of how many "el cheapo" HHI points you could use for a Poly Bungalow once in a while too , lol .
It might be a smarter buy than PVB

Old 01-12-2015, 09:00 PM   #25
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Just think of how many "el cheapo" HHI points you could use for a Poly Bungalow once in a while too , lol .
It might be a smarter buy than PVB
For PVB I got the SSR and OKW in line. I just want 2 bedroom or grand villa in summer month and I know will be difficult with my SSR pts in HHI.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
Old 01-12-2015, 09:08 PM   #26
Syndrome
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
For PVB I got the SSR and OKW in line. I just want 2 bedroom or grand villa in summer month and I know will be difficult with my SSR pts in HHI.

True .............I think thats why most people buy HHI , not for the lower cost points but to be able to stay June through August .

Maybe we will see you down there sometime !

Old 01-12-2015, 09:37 PM   #27
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
True .............I think thats why most people buy HHI , not for the lower cost points but to be able to stay June through August .

Maybe we will see you down there sometime !
For you a easy one day drive but I have to do a night stop. Yes I am seriously considering HHI add on. Nice beautiful island and pts are not expensive to buy. Just MF worries me.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
Old 01-12-2015, 10:21 PM   #28
TBMBdisneydreams
Studio

Thanks for sharing the photos! Lately I have been thinking of trying a stay at HHI. DH and I aren't planning a Disney trip this year but, it would still be fun to have some Disney atmosphere.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #29
beemertec
Two Bedroom

These are great pics. We are staying at HHI in a 2BR in July for one night (I waitlisted second night.)

I couldn't find anywhere that showed where the rooms are located. Do you know if any of the 2BRs have a view of the water?

beemertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 03:43 PM   #30
dmaxphil
Two Bedroom

Great pics
dmaxphil is offline   Reply With Quote