home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Default Proposing today at WDW--She Said Yes

My son and his DGF, hopefully soon to be DF, have just checked into SSR. He will be proposing tonight around dusk at the wishing well by Cinderellas castle. We have a friend lined up to take photos and I know this day just won't go by fast enough to suit my son. I think she is going to just totally surprised and shocked to pieces.

He made it thru security o.k. with the ring undetected by her, and I just hope that the rest of the day goes by as he has planned and that she says yes.

I tell you what, sure is going to make for an awkward rest of the trip if she doesn't say yes.

Last edited by RweTHEREyet; 06-02-2009 at 11:22 AM.
RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
janet1106
Add-on Aficionado

What a wonderful idea... please keep us posted...and with pictures..
She will be so surprised and remember it always...
will they consider a Disney wedding?
I know I am getting ahead of myself...

OKW(1994/1999), BLT(2008), AKV(2010) & Poly (2015)

Read "Goofy About Disney" Blog
janet1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #3
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

I would love it if they could have a Disney wedding, but I don't think that Disney's prices fit the budget. I am not ruling anything out though, and I am sure there will be lots of conversations for them this evening once the shock wears off.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
logan115
Grand Villa

Default 1st hand experience

Geez - wish I had someone lined up to take the picture for me !

I planned a surprise trip for me and my at-the-time girfriend. She had just got back from visiting her folks in AZ the night before, then I woke her up at 4am the next morning and told her we have to get back to the airport since our flight leaves in a few hours.

Dazed and confused (and probably a bit upset about being woke up), she seemed to pop up when I said the destination was WDW. I had bought her some new clothes and had a separate bag all packed for her - all she needed to do was move a couple of things out of one suitcase and into another !!

Checked into BC, and walked over to Epcot. Didn't have anyone lined up to take the photo, so had to wait until she went into a shop and I could find a kind bystander to take the photo.

Finally, after going thru most of WS (and drinks at each country), she needed to make a pit-stop around Mexico and it was my chance. Walked up to a nice looking (and unsuspecting) couple and asked if they'd take picture of me proposing - although shocked they agreed.

Caught her completely off-guard with the proposal as she was still in shock of the surprise trip (only being on a few hours sleep and also having a few glasses of wine also probably contributed to her not being alert enough to realize what she was agreeing to..........).

I can honestly say that walking around with that ring in my pocket and waiting for the right moment was one of the hardest things I ever did - the waiting was even rougher than the wait for ROFR Although keeping the trip a surprise for almost 5 months wasn't easy either. Pretty much all of my family and all of our friends new what was gonna happen, and amazingly no one slipped up.

Needless to say, last week we celebrated 7 great years together and have 2 kids that are "the world" to us.

We're now very happy new SSR owners, and looking forward to many family vacations at the world together.

Good luck to your son, I'm betting on him getting a resounding "YES."

Chris

MOD 75
logan115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:12 AM   #5
wendya124
Two Bedroom

That is wonderful! I am so excited for your family! What a great way to propose!

Wendy
wendya124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #6
NYDVC
Grand Villa

Here's to everything going as planned. AND she says YES. Congratulations and best wishes to all.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, shouting 'GERONIMO!" Bill McKenna

NYDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Wow...What a great day for your son! I hope she doesn't read the boards too! That would be a big time spoiler.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #8
salmoneous
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan115 View Post
Finally, after going thru most of WS (and drinks at each country),
There's a tip for you single guys out there. Get her drunk before proposing!
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #9
logan115
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmoneous View Post
There's a tip for you single guys out there. Get her drunk before proposing!
And limit her to about 4 hrs of sleep, it also helps if you can force her to have multiple 3-4 hr flights in the previous 12 hours prior to the proposal.......................

Chris

MOD 75
logan115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:27 AM   #10
scy3000
One Bedroom

Disney does have 2 types of wedding plans. The full blown, "we will do anything you want, even blow up the Tree of Life, if you pay for it" unlimited plan. And there is the one I did. This was called, at the time, the Intimate Wedding. They would allow up to 10 guests I believe, not sure how it goes now. But that was a very reasonable cost, if you don't want more people then 10 or so, I think they make exceptions for small children.

We loved the whole thing. Make sure they go check out the wedding pavilion and planners office by the GF....as long as she accepts. Beautiful place.
August 2003--BCV-and wedding+cruise
September 2005--POFQ+member cruise
March 2008--Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel
Nov. 2008--SSR studio F&W
Aug. 2009 AKV+VB+Tampa
scy3000 is offline   Reply With Quote