home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-24-2021, 12:59 PM   #31
jflatto
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
I often use Robin's ECV when she needs a break. I am about your height and have never had an issue with being uncomfortable. We always us the 3-wheel version, make for a better ride. I also ride her ECV when boarding the buses, Robin is not comfortable riding up/down the ramps and parking on the bus. Honestly, there is more room on the ECV that Robin rents then half the rides at WDW.
And just to make sure OP is on the "same page", is Robin's ECV a smaller GoGo Elite sized scooter or the larger Pride/Victory scooter? I don't MamaB24 to think folks are talking about a GoGo Elite sized scooter when we mean the Pride sized scooter or vice versa.

Trips:
October, 1992 - Yacht Club - Honeymoon; May/June 2008 - BWV - New DVC Member; May/June 2009 - AKV (Kidani) and BCV; May/June 2010 - VWL; July 2010 - VGC; Christmas 2010 - BLT; May/June, 2011 - Dream Cruise and BWV; July 2011 - Grand Villa at Kidani!; October 2011 - BLT for MNSSHP; June 2012 - BCV; December 2012 - BLT for Christmas; June 2013 - Kidani and BWV; December 2013 - VGF and BLT and then Universal, December 2014 - BWV; May/June 2015 - Universal Studios and AKV and SSR; December 2015 - Fantasy for Christmas; October 2016 - Universal and MNSSHP; May/June 2017 - Universal and BWV; October 2017 - 25th Anniversary - AKV and CCR; June 2018 - Adult only - BWV; Christmas 2019 - RR and BLT
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:03 PM   #32
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflatto View Post
And just to make sure OP is on the "same page", is Robin's ECV a smaller GoGo Elite sized scooter or the larger Pride/Victory scooter? I don't MamaB24 to think folks are talking about a GoGo Elite sized scooter when we mean the Pride sized scooter or vice versa.

Robin always rents from Buena Vista Scooter. She always gets the standard scooter, not the Maxima scooter.Also for reference, I am a few hairs over 6' tall.

https://www.buenavistascooters.com/
Old 02-24-2021, 01:11 PM   #33
jflatto
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Robin always rents from Buena Vista Scooter. She always gets the standard scooter, not the Maxima scooter.Also for reference, I am a few hairs over 6' tall.

https://www.buenavistascooters.com/
So not a GoGo Elite sized scooter.

Like Tom, we also rent from Buena Vista and been very happy with their service. They can not leave at Bell Services but you will arrange a time to meet. Link up is via text messages so if flights delayed, coordinate with the actual individual dropping of the scooter. Pick up was even easier.

As others have noted, while renting via the Disney approved ECV place (Scooter bug) is more convenient since the scooter can be dropped off and picked up from bell services, those scooters are adjusted to have a max speed of still really slow.

Trips:
October, 1992 - Yacht Club - Honeymoon; May/June 2008 - BWV - New DVC Member; May/June 2009 - AKV (Kidani) and BCV; May/June 2010 - VWL; July 2010 - VGC; Christmas 2010 - BLT; May/June, 2011 - Dream Cruise and BWV; July 2011 - Grand Villa at Kidani!; October 2011 - BLT for MNSSHP; June 2012 - BCV; December 2012 - BLT for Christmas; June 2013 - Kidani and BWV; December 2013 - VGF and BLT and then Universal, December 2014 - BWV; May/June 2015 - Universal Studios and AKV and SSR; December 2015 - Fantasy for Christmas; October 2016 - Universal and MNSSHP; May/June 2017 - Universal and BWV; October 2017 - 25th Anniversary - AKV and CCR; June 2018 - Adult only - BWV; Christmas 2019 - RR and BLT
Old 02-24-2021, 02:45 PM   #34
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

I own a GoGo Elite scooter, and I think that Gold Mobility, one of the vendors, (the best vendor IMO) rents GoGo Sport Scooters. The difference is almost exclusively that the Go Go Sports are a couple inches longer (not noticeable-I just read this in the catalogue). Otherwise the same, and very easy to break down and transport.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:19 AM   #35
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

I did not realize how many questions I can create with one perceivably simple topic. Welcome to Disney lol. So I'm looking at the scooter Tom mentioned and the Go-Go. Many mention the issue with speed. When I look at the rentals off of Disney, the regular ECVs have a higher speed than the GoGo. As I do not have any frame of reference, any idea on if the speed of the GoGo is sufficient? The GoGo is 4.7mph, and the standard scooter is 6mph. I do not need to run people over or race anyone, but I also do not want to get stuck going uphill lol. Admittedly this is how my brain works, investigate and research and plan...and plan for changes to the plans. I think it is self-serving as to reduce the risk of making a fool of myself, so thank you all for the help!

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:32 AM   #36
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaB24 View Post
I did not realize how many questions I can create with one perceivably simple topic. Welcome to Disney lol. So I'm looking at the scooter Tom mentioned and the Go-Go. Many mention the issue with speed. When I look at the rentals off of Disney, the regular ECVs have a higher speed than the GoGo. As I do not have any frame of reference, any idea on if the speed of the GoGo is sufficient? The GoGo is 4.7mph, and the standard scooter is 6mph. I do not need to run people over or race anyone, but I also do not want to get stuck going uphill lol. Admittedly this is how my brain works, investigate and research and plan...and plan for changes to the plans. I think it is self-serving as to reduce the risk of making a fool of myself, so thank you all for the help!

The standard scooter speed is plenty enough in the parks. In fact, you will rarely, if ever have the throttle/speed control on high. For one, the rest of your party will not be able to keep up. For the most part, there are not many hills in Disney World.
Old 02-25-2021, 12:23 PM   #37
jflatto
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaB24 View Post
As Tom has mentioned, either size of the scooter will typically be fast enough. Saying that, if you rent from the Disney approved vendor (Scooter Bug, I believe), the scooter will be adjusted so that even on "fast" speed it will go very slow. The scooters have a "governor" that can be adjusted by the company to limit the top speed. There are some slopes in Disney (Epcot - France to UK; Animal Kingdom, etc.) so even small hills can be an issue if the scooter is speed limited.

Trips: