home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Will allowing non Disney resorts to book fastpasses early matter?
Yes, it will make it harder to get desirable fastpasses 168 89.84%
No, it won’t make any difference 5 2.67%
I will be more likely to stay off property 16 8.56%
It will not affect my stays 18 9.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2017, 04:59 PM   #111
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedwards View Post
I do not like it at all, and wonder what the incentive for Disney is.
$$$.

Those good neighbor hotels will most likely have to pay Disney for the benefit.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:51 PM   #112
Nickys
Two Bedroom

Just seen an update on another site from a Travel Agent saying as of Jan 10th, guests staying at a range of good neighbour hotels will be able to link reservations to MDE and get 60 days fastpasses, EMH and certain other benefits.

Hotels listed were:

B Resort & Spa;
Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort;
DoubleTree Guest Suites by Hilton Orlando;
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Palace;
Hilton Orlando Resort Lake Buena Vista;
Holiday Inn Orlando;
Wyndham Lake Buena Vista;
Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista

Apparently it seems you have to book through a Disney travel agent to get the benefits, not direct with the hotels. Possibly the rates will be higher than you could get direct.

Anyone got any info?
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:07 PM   #113
Jingojango
One Bedroom

Profit Category: +3
Brand Loyalty: -10

I can combine the cost savings staying off-site and use Uber for transportation and I end up with cheaper stay at a nicer resort with better transportation.
Jingojango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:14 PM   #114
jay42k
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I would not be surprised if Disney offered a Universal-type system in the future. If you want the perk, you pay for the perk. It is nothing "new" in the industry. Universal, Six Flags, and others do it.

However, why they extend it to non-Disney resorts is confusing to me without throwing a bone to those staying on-property. Granted, staying on-property has one key benefit: Time. At Disney, time is money. I can save money by staying off-property but I lose valuable park time (or vice versa). That's a decision every family must make on their own.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:18 PM   #115
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay42k View Post
I would not be surprised if Disney offered a Universal-type system in the future. If you want the perk, you pay for the perk. It is nothing "new" in the industry. Universal, Six Flags, and others do it.

However, why they extend it to non-Disney resorts is confusing to me without throwing a bone to those staying on-property. Granted, staying on-property has one key benefit: Time. At Disney, time is money. I can save money by staying off-property but I lose valuable park time (or vice versa). That's a decision every family must make on their own.
I'm guessing an incentive to stay by Disney Springs - and hopefully bring in more guests to the Disney Springs retailers.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:19 PM   #116
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

https://www.mousesavers.com/

They will also get extra magic hours.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:39 PM   #117
BoardwalkNJ
One Bedroom

Personally, I think this is ridiculous, but I hope they begin to tier the Fastpasses based one resort category as a result of this new policy. Something like this would be nice:
DS resorts: 1 FP
Value: 2 FP
Moderate: 3 FP
Deluxe/DVC: 4 FP

It would create an incentive for guests to stay on property at moderate and deluxe resorts. If they don't do this, at least only restrict their ability to book FOP and Navi.
BoardwalkNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:52 PM   #118
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoardwalkNJ View Post
Personally, I think this is ridiculous, but I hope they begin to tier the Fastpasses based one resort category as a result of this new policy. Something like this would be nice:
DS resorts: 1 FP
Value: 2 FP
Moderate: 3 FP
Deluxe/DVC: 4 FP

It would create an incentive for guests to stay on property at moderate and deluxe resorts. If they don't do this, at least only restrict their ability to book FOP and Navi.
If they are going to get FP at 60 days and extra magic hours, Disney really needs to do something for the loyal customers in the bubble. Extra FP's, availability to book at 75 days, the tier system you suggested, something!!!
Old 12-18-2017, 05:55 PM   #119
Orion54
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoardwalkNJ View Post
DS resorts: 2 FP
Value: 3 FP
Moderate: 4 FP
Deluxe: 5 FP
AP/DVC: 6 FP

Fixed it for you.

Seriously, this would be a great marketing tool to drive AP and DVC sales.

Driving people to stay at deluxe resorts though, I'm not sure they need to. I think they are mostly at full capacity year round but I could be wrong.

Last edited by Orion54; 12-18-2017 at 06:00 PM.
Orion54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 06:05 PM   #120
lovesdisney44
One Bedroom

I have a phone call into my DVC guide. I am letting him know that my husband and I were planning of adding more points but will no longer be doing so as the best benefits to make sure we stay on-site are no longer there.

I feel the only way Disney see's the mistake they are making is if it affects their pocketbook.

lovesdisney44 is offline   Reply With Quote