home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-02-2019, 07:02 PM   #1
GiantsNiners11
Grand Villa

Default Brief Millennium Falcon Review: C- (No Spoilers)

This just isn’t an E-ticket attraction.

First off, it’s another motion simulator, so right off the bat if you don’t like motion simulators, you won’t like this one.

I happen to enjoy motion simulators, but this is a poor one. It’s a chaotic hot mess regardless of how good your crew is. It’s trying to be a video game and a ride, but it fails at both.

Toy Story Midway Mania accomplishes this feat much better with decade old technology.

As a ride fan, Star Tours is actually a hair or two above the Falcon in terms of immersive experience.

Disney better have one hell of a plan in Rise Of the Resistance because these are not Disney standard innovation. Galaxys Edge still gets a pass from me until the land is complete, but right now, lower your expectations if you are visiting WDW before Rise of the Resistance opens.

I can’t believe Imagineers designed this bad a ride with the budget they had.

Last edited by GiantsNiners11; 08-02-2019 at 09:52 PM.
GiantsNiners11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:25 PM   #2
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Thanks for the review Nine. That is too bad. I was expecting something closer to avatar...but avatar took how many years??
Old 08-02-2019, 11:32 PM   #3
GiantsNiners11
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
Thanks for the review Nine. That is too bad. I was expecting something closer to avatar...but avatar took how many years??
Loved Avatar FOP. Hater this.

My wife hates all motion simulators so I feel my review is less biased.

You leave FOP thinking about riding again and seeing more or new things and the tech of the dragon ďfeelingĒ.

You leave the Falcon with that ďI want a refundĒ type feeling.
GiantsNiners11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:46 PM   #4
MMC1
Grand Villa

You should go to Universal for Hagrids Mystical Magical Journey....

Last edited by MMC1; 08-03-2019 at 12:46 PM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:34 AM   #5
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Oh crap. Going next week. It's kind of the feeling I was getting from what I've heard and read.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:46 AM   #6
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

I'm not surprised. The podcast with Len Testa and Jim Hill several months ago hinted at the problems imagineers were facing with this ride. They wanted to do something like Mission Space but with actual interaction -- but then realized that people won't be good at pushing the buttons properly...which means that most missions will fail and the experience will suck.

Feel kind of bad for them -- tried to make improvements and make it more interactive -- but by doing that -- they made it worse.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 02:06 AM   #7
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsNiners11 View Post
This just isnít an E-ticket attraction.

First off, itís another motion simulator, so right off the bat if you donít like motion simulators, you wonít like this one.

I happen to enjoy motion simulators, but this is a poor one. Itís a chaotic hot mess regardless of how good your crew is. Itís trying to be a video game and a ride, but it fails at both.
Agreed.

That said, every time I've ridden it has been a lot of fun.

Apart from the mechanics and technology of the attraction, some of the experience does depend on your crewmates though.

Just went again on Wednesday night with some friends who were visiting from out of town and it was the first time I've been on a crew that managed to successfully accomplish the mission goal.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:52 AM   #8
John2247
Two Bedroom

Bring back the Great Movie Ride and the Backlot Tour!! Personally, I think the Video Simulators, with a few exceptions, are terrible.

John
Old 08-03-2019, 09:30 AM   #9
TeacherGrandma
Studio

It is so disappointing to hear that this much-anticipated attraction is less than stellar. I was expecting so much more. Now Iím seriously debating whether itís worth the angst to wake up so early to get to one of those 6 am openings the first week itís open.
TeacherGrandma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:35 AM   #10
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Really sorry to hear this. Since RotR will be open when we get there in December, maybe that will be SWGE's "Avator" and MF will be "Navi".

I'm going with that until then.
Carol is online now   Reply With Quote