home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-28-2019, 03:43 PM   #1
disneyridleys
Grand Villa

Default Man pulls gun over parking space?

Read this in the Orlando Sentinel today:
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...215-story.html

I am always weary of things like this - People with short fuses and concealed weapons have made my anxiety levels raise exponentially.
disneyridleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:06 PM   #2
Joeli
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyridleys View Post
Read this in the Orlando Sentinel today:
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...215-story.html

I am always weary of things like this - People with short fuses and concealed weapons have made my anxiety levels raise exponentially.
Oh My...thats what I think about doing when I try and get one of the 4 electric charging spots at AK or Epcot...good thing I don't own a gun! LOL

Upcoming:
2021 (Mar - BWV, May - PVB, Jul - DCL Fantasy)
2020 (Oct - BWV, Nov - PVB, Dec/Jan - PVB/BWV)

Done:
2020 (Jan, Mar, Mar/Apr/May/May/Jun, Sept) - Swan, PVB, PVB/PVB/AKV/AKV/PVB, DCL Fantasy - (COVID-19 BOO)
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct, Dec) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT, BWV, RCCL - Allure of the Seas
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 05:02 PM   #3
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

This story doesn’t sound right.
The complaining couple says the elderly man supposedly pointed a gun at them over the steering wheel of the SUV as he sped up to out maneuver them into a disabled parking space after the complaining husband shook his fist at the SUV. In order for it to have happened like that, this 70-something man would have already had to have had the firearm in his hand while he was trying to steer the vehicle trying to pull off this parking place “theft”. Not saying that no one has ever driven a car while holding a gun, but it wouldn’t be the easiest thing to do- especially not by an elderly man trying to navigate a parking lot, plus it just makes no sense to drive around with a gun in your hand in a Disney parking lot. A NC CCP holder looses the permit permanently for any violation, which both people in the SUV would have known since they are both CCP holders. It’s too much work to get the thing only to act like an idiot and lose it forever.

I think it’s far more likely that the man still had his wallet in his hand, or has reached out to grab it if it was sliding on the dash or something while he was driving through the lot. Having a wallet out makes much more sense since he would have just had to pay to get in the parking lot. My husband ends up with his wallet in his hand regularly during this kind of situation.

I think it’s more likely that the complainers were mad over the parking space and blew this thing up. I wouldn’t be surprised if this man had an NRA bumper sticker or something similar that helped to “shape” their interpretation of the events.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:19 PM   #4
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
This story doesn’t sound right.
The complaining couple says the elderly man supposedly pointed a gun at them over the steering wheel of the SUV as he sped up to out maneuver them into a disabled parking space after the complaining husband shook his fist at the SUV. In order for it to have happened like that, this 70-something man would have already had to have had the firearm in his hand while he was trying to steer the vehicle trying to pull off this parking place “theft”. Not saying that no one has ever driven a car while holding a gun, but it wouldn’t be the easiest thing to do- especially not by an elderly man trying to navigate a parking lot, plus it just makes no sense to drive around with a gun in your hand in a Disney parking lot. A NC CCP holder looses the permit permanently for any violation, which both people in the SUV would have known since they are both CCP holders. It’s too much work to get the thing only to act like an idiot and lose it forever.

I think it’s far more likely that the man still had his wallet in his hand, or has reached out to grab it if it was sliding on the dash or something while he was driving through the lot. Having a wallet out makes much more sense since he would have just had to pay to get in the parking lot. My husband ends up with his wallet in his hand regularly during this kind of situation.

I think it’s more likely that the complainers were mad over the parking space and blew this thing up. I wouldn’t be surprised if this man had an NRA bumper sticker or something similar that helped to “shape” their interpretation of the events.

The story just doesn't sound right, I can't see someone driving around disney parking lot with a weapon pointed at someone. The wallet story makes more sense to me.

But all this over a handicap parking space at AK?
Old 02-28-2019, 06:52 PM   #5
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Hmmm...maybe it was a relative of the ornery senior citizen who glared at my kids on the buses when they were laughing. That’s right, laughing. She glared at them and rolled her eyes like they were disturbing her in the middle of the day. No, they weren’t cackling or doing it for a long time. My sister actually said very loudly that “People who don’t like kids shouldn’t come to Disney.”
Old 02-28-2019, 07:07 PM   #6
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

So I'm not in my 60's yet but I can tell you that I'd be unlikely to be able to quickly identify a semi automatic weapon being brandished at me over an SUV steering wheel. I'm dead meat if any villan ever comes after me.

ie - I'm doubtful of the one side of the story.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:26 PM   #7
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

I read this story a week or two back..... I was hoping to see more details by now.

Chocolate Donuts
kzrooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:00 PM   #8
disneyridleys
Grand Villa

Yeah, I hope you guys are right. This kind of stuff makes me crazy. And all over a parking space? I mean, it's Disney - you are gonna walk no matter what.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:01 PM   #9
disneyridleys
Grand Villa

Yeah, I hope you guys are right. This kind of stuff makes me crazy. And all over a parking space? I mean, it's Disney - you are gonna walk no matter what.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:43 AM   #10
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Gondolas are looking better and better. Door to door delivery and no arguing over parking spots. For all the other ways they will kill* you (lightening, baking to death, high winds, alligator swamps, falling out through open doors, etc.), it won't be arguing over a space!

Dirk

*Relax. I mock.

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote