home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 05:15 PM   #171
Lovetheboardwalk
Two Bedroom

We bought a large contract rather than a condo. ( did the condo in '09... didn't like the 55+ rules, condo board, HOA fees doubling in 5 yrs, special assessments... and increasing insurance costs due to hurricanes,, and renting hassle). Our DVC contract fees go up slightly each year, we can stay for 3-4 weeks in Jan and Feb. and there's lots and lots of happy kids. Much better.
And we can rent our points out easily if we have a busy Winter.

It makes a lot of sense to me. Plus the resorts are super nice! Aulani... c'mon

**BWV 1999 **BRV 2017**

Aulani May 2017
Lovetheboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:16 PM   #172
CaliAdventurer
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
Congratulations on your purchase!! It is customary on this board that whoever is the first person to congratulate you after your purchase, you must gift them enough points for a 2 bedroom in the season of their choice. I would like 2 bedroom standard view, at GF, anytime in October. Don't bother with theme park view. Save the points! We aren't picky.

Congrats again! 500 points @ GF. Drooling.
I thought studios were the hot ticket at VGF ; D
CaliAdventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:19 PM   #173
CaliAdventurer
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
A pending reservation(s) will hold up the closing.
Ah. Good point. And TY for the welcome! We're gonna host the family next October for a week and blow a couple years worth. Once in a lifetime and grateful to be able to do it! Just wondering if I should have taken the BCV contract on April instead for $101 and flipped it. Hahaha. Things are crazy out there!!
CaliAdventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:39 PM   #174
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAdventurer View Post
This contract is still pending which is curious.

I purchased the 500 pt one that was out simultaneously. Both went pending in April. It took forever for mine to close because of First Am gaffes. But even that said, I've had my points awhile. Wonder what the hang up could be? Maybe it will come back if one of the parties doesn't perform...

Congratulations! Enjoy.
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:16 PM   #175
Disney54us
Grand Villa

geez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
If you want interesting -- read about her father's divorce. That's what forced the sale of his pro franchise. I burned several hours last week going down the rabbit hole.
Now you have me so interested. This is great for a rainy day, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
I had stuff that I hadn't touched in 10 years and forgot I even had. It got trashed or donated. Probably got rid of 60% of the stuff we had. I will say it feels nice to purge like that.
Purging is good. Didn't you just move from MD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
Probably another sports franchise owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
Congratulations on your purchase!! It is customary on this board that whoever is the first person to congratulate you after your purchase, you must gift them enough points for a 2 bedroom in the season of their choice. I would like 2 bedroom standard view, at GF, anytime in October. Don't bother with theme park view. Save the points! We aren't picky.

Congrats again! 500 points @ GF. Drooling.
good one!

Congrats and welcome home.
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:46 PM   #176
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetheboardwalk View Post
We bought a large contract rather than a condo. ( did the condo in '09... didn't like the 55+ rules, condo board, HOA fees doubling in 5 yrs, special assessments... and increasing insurance costs due to hurricanes,, and renting hassle). Our DVC contract fees go up slightly each year, we can stay for 3-4 weeks in Jan and Feb. and there's lots and lots of happy kids. Much better.
And we can rent our points out easily if we have a busy Winter.

It makes a lot of sense to me. Plus the resorts are super nice! Aulani... c'mon
DH feels the exact same way He had a lot of reservations about buying a Disney Timeshare, but he loves all of the DVC properties and today thinks it is one of the best purchases we ever made.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Monday, 12/25/17 - Tuesday, 12/26/2017 - SSR
Tuesday, 12/26/17 - Saturday, 12/30/17 - BLT
Saturday, 12/30/17 - Sunday, 01/07/18 - VGF (Running 1st 1/2 Marathon - 01/06/18)
Wednesday, 06/27/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:33 AM   #177
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAdventurer View Post
Ah. Good point. And TY for the welcome! We're gonna host the family next October for a week and blow a couple years worth. Once in a lifetime and grateful to be able to do it! Just wondering if I should have taken the BCV contract on April instead for $101 and flipped it. Hahaha. Things are crazy out there!!
Be warned.....We have hosted several of those "once in a lifetime" trips. In fact, we are already planning another "once in a lifetime" trip for the family for next Christmas at WDW.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:42 AM   #178
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

In regards to contracts that are still for sale. Several months ago we were in the market for a contract and had a HHI contract taken in ROFR. I then saw a 210 HHI listed and was stripped, no points until Aug 2018. Was listed a tad high so we made $8pp less of an offer and was flat out rejected. Was told sellers would only take a full price offer. We would have come up a couple dollars and gone for, say, $5 pp less than list. But nope, they wanted full price. This was mid May and it's still listed for sale and still at the same price.
We bought 150 BWV instead :-)

DVC since 2006- own at OKW, HHI and BWV
LAURA's next trip(s): Oct 1-8 at BWV/AKV and Dec 30-Jan 4 at OKW/PVB and March 3-10 at BWV
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:09 AM   #179
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
In regards to contracts that are still for sale. Several months ago we were in the market for a contract and had a HHI contract taken in ROFR. I then saw a 210 HHI listed and was stripped, no points until Aug 2018. Was listed a tad high so we made $8pp less of an offer and was flat out rejected. Was told sellers would only take a full price offer. We would have come up a couple dollars and gone for, say, $5 pp less than list. But nope, they wanted full price. This was mid May and it's still listed for sale and still at the same price.
Some critters never learn.......
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:18 AM   #180
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
For kicks and giggles.....I would offer them $10 less pp of the asking price.