home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-12-2017, 02:36 PM   #11
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewsard2 View Post
I have a BWV Standard Studio at Christmas and have been wondering where the best location is. I assume closer to the lobby, but I don't want to hear busses and all that sort of commotion all day and night either.

Any tips?
Close to lobby likely will mean you are near the front portico and will hear the Vans and whatnot beeping when they pull in to drop stuff...like the luggage vans from the airport. If you request first floor, you could be anywhere down the hallway farther but near one of several doors to get out...and a bit away from portico noise.

Edit to note that also at BWV if you make any location request you likely will not get your room until close to 4pm. If you really need or want room ready early, don't make location request.

DVC since 2006- own at OKW, HHI and BWV
LAURA's next trip(s): Dec 30-Jan 4 at OKW/PVB and March 3-10 at BWV
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:54 PM   #12
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwarne87 View Post
Hi Guys!

I thought I'd make a thread where seasoned DVC travelers could give their opinions and feedback on which rooms are the best at the different DVC Resorts.

For eksample, if I'm staying at Jambo House in a deluxe studio savannah view, which room, floor or area would be best to stay at? This was just an eksample offcourse, and I would love feedback on all DVC Resorts.

Anyone's opinion is welcome, and if you have more than one favorite room to stay at in any DVC resort, please feel free to share

Kind Regards, Magnus // Recent DVC Member from Norway
I noted you are from Oslo - one of the stops on the DCL Frozen Cruise Itinerary - as they call it! Beautiful country. Hoping to possibly take that cruise in 2018. Great to have our international members active on the boards!
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:07 AM   #13
mwarne87
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Talking

Wow!! so great to see all the replies people have posted on here! I recently bought 220 points at PVB as a start. I will probably expand into another resort too in a while, but that was a nice place to start.

Me and my fiancè (she's from Iceland) hope to make it over once maybe twice a year for the foreeable future and we're doing our first trip as DVC members in January/february for 18 days. We're splitting our stay between AKL (savannah view) and PVB (lake view). We have waitlisted both BLT and GF for the last nine days, but from what I've heard I shouldn't get my hopes up for those.

I am so happy to get to chat with other DVC members, and I have been floored by the amazing response and welcome I've had since joining dvc. It truly does feel like joining a massive family!

Magnus // Fresh DVC Member from Norway.
mwarne87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:34 AM   #14
JerseyAmy
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypwm View Post

Yeah that's up to you - the upside is that even the noisier parts aren't bad. BCV is pretty average in terms of noise and views - nothing great, nothing awful. We're staying at BC (the hotel part) in Dec and there are some great rooms there facing the water, but I haven't figured out what I want to request for our Feb stay at BCV. Probably 2nd floor, rear, closer to the BC side (I think that'd be a woods view).
We had a standard room at the Boardwalk (Inn side, not villas) earlier this month and were closer to the lobby AND we didn't get a king bed (for two people - you'd think other people would have needed two queens). The noise from buses and everything was awful early in the morning. We usually don't complain about noise at all.

We are excited to try a one bedroom at BCV as we have only been tried a studio before. I've heard the water view rooms at BC are great.

This map makes me think Woods view is the way to go.
https://************/resort-informat...h-club-villas/
Old 09-24-2017, 06:13 PM   #15
LOVINDVC
Grand Villa

Saratoga Springs: Congress Park Grand Villa (OMG that leisure pool!) or Paddock (southern two buildings because an easy walk to DS, and that Paddock Pool for the kiddos!) or Tree House Villas (The ones closest to the boat dock) ❤️ SSR

Bay Lake Tower: ANY GRAND VILLA!! MAGNIFICENT! Did I say they are MAGNIFICENT!?! And you can walk to TotWL! And MK!

Boulder Ridge: Have stayed there 2x. Any room not close to the infamous garbage trucks is awesome!!

SSR OWNERS SINCE 2004
LOVINDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:54 PM   #16
ajc
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwarne87 View Post
Wow!! so great to see all the replies people have posted on here! I recently bought 220 points at PVB as a start. I will probably expand into another resort too in a while, but that was a nice place to start.

Me and my fiancè (she's from Iceland) hope to make it over once maybe twice a year for the foreeable future and we're doing our first trip as DVC members in January/february for 18 days. We're splitting our stay between AKL (savannah view) and PVB (lake view). We have waitlisted both BLT and GF for the last nine days, but from what I've heard I shouldn't get my hopes up for those.

I am so happy to get to chat with other DVC members, and I have been floored by the amazing response and welcome I've had since joining dvc. It truly does feel like joining a massive family!

Magnus // Fresh DVC Member from Norway.
welcome!
I assume you will take advantage of the annual pass benefit since you are having such an extended stay.
AKL is our home resort and you will not be disappointed. Don't forget to enjoy the "monorail bar crawl" and there is an awesome tour at the Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge on select mornings (with a good walking path from PVB TO VGF...good coffee walk).
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:08 PM   #17
ajc
One Bedroom

In February we had a very quiet ground level studio villa room #1130 adjacent to the quiet pool and across the way from the bus stops. Of course that area is why they call BWV the "Shining". We enjoyed it and are looking forward to our next BWV stay in February.
We have only stayed at AKL Jambo in the value rooms and enjoy 5016 & 5020 Giraffe trail (pool side and near elevator) but the real jewel is 5124 Ostrich trail because it is a savanna view value room.

Last edited by ajc; 09-26-2017 at 10:12 AM.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:37 PM   #18
clhlaptop
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVINDVC View Post
Saratoga Springs: Congress Park Grand Villa (OMG that leisure pool!) or Paddock (southern two buildings because an easy walk to DS, and that Paddock Pool for the kiddos!) or Tree House Villas (The ones closest to the boat dock) ❤️ SSR

Bay Lake Tower: ANY GRAND VILLA!! MAGNIFICENT! Did I say they are MAGNIFICENT!?! And you can walk to TotWL! And MK!

Boulder Ridge: Have stayed there 2x. Any room not close to the infamous garbage trucks is awesome!!
Where are the infamous garbage trucks? We are staying there soon and it will be our first home stay. Thanks.
clhlaptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:23 PM   #19
Jcsquirrel
Two Bedroom

Default Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVINDVC View Post

We would agree that the leisure pool at Congress park was nice. best of all when we would stop after late at night it was empty.
Jcsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:12 AM   #20
gmw111
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhlaptop View Post
Where are the infamous garbage trucks? We are staying there soon and it will be our first home stay. Thanks.
I'm not sure where the garbage trucks are. We've stayed there many times and never encountered them. I typically recommend a high floor. That seems to take care of most potential outside noise.