home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-09-2019, 10:47 PM   #161
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Doubt it will happen as long as the original 2042 resorts are there. Even then you have SSR, OKW & AKL
Well if it comes to it I will gladly give up my SSR or OKW for any BC, BW, BRV, CC, GF, Poly or BLT if anyone wants to stay there.
Old Yesterday, 01:02 AM   #162
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
Disney seems to be looking to other timeshare companies to find ways to boost direct sales. Does the Marriott restriction system seem familiar? Think of trading through II as the equivalent of the 7 month window. Marriott also raised maintenance fees so that they were close to cash rental prices

I am a believer that Disney will never drop the restrictions no matter how bad the economy or how slow the sales. Actually, if direct sales slow down, I would expect more and more restrictions.

We love our Disney vacations and are not selling all our points, but I am increasingly worried about the future of DVC.
This is my worry. If we continue to not be able to use the lower point villas than our current 5 week membership will shrink to 3 weeks - or even 2 2/3 weeks. Then if the annual dues continue to rise, without being able to book the lower point venues, it may be the same expense as the Passholder discount on rooms.

Since a non-DVC AP is $400 more PP then the discount really disappears. It will be interesting to see if Disney will continue to raise their cash prices so their TS will still be a savings.
Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM   #163
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Bwahahaha! Thatís what happens when youíre typing while trying to wrangle kids in the morning to go to Costco amid many complaints. Maybe Iíve coined a new saying for ineffective Disney ideas...
Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM   #164
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
Well if it comes to it I will gladly give up my SSR or OKW for any BC, BW, BRV, CC, GF, Poly or BLT if anyone wants to stay there.
But BRV, BCV, and BWV will not be around by then. That's what I was getting at. We won't see an issue when the 2042 legacy resorts are gone.

Just because you seem to dislike OKW or SSR, doesn't mean all do as well
Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM   #165
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
It's going to get to a point where the only time you can trade in somewhere is if there is a cancellation within the 7 month mark. Not saying that will be anytime soon but it will eventually come to that.
Strangely, there are people who want to stay at their home resort. If I could get good discounts on BCV and BWV (if I didn't own there already) with the restriction that I had to use them there, I'd be in. That's what we do anyway. We're not alone, I'm sure. This will sell.

Cheers.
Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM   #166
Crafty
Grand Villa

Our next move will depend on what DVC does in terms of 2020 maintenance fees. Last year’s increase took a tidy chunk of our change. Granted, we own a significant number of points so the multiplier is daunting.

We have been going four times a year. If MFs go up more than we expect, we will sell some points and cut back to two times per year. We have been wanting to put some money into the house, and so selling some points will kill two birds with one stone.

While our preference is to keep going to WDW, I am beginning to see the handwriting on the wall. If DVC becomes like all the other timeshares, it won’t be worth owning.

However, if MFs for 2020 are reasonable, I have my eye on some CCV points.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:15 AM   #167
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
But BRV, BCV, and BWV will not be around by then. That's what I was getting at. We won't see an issue when the 2042 legacy resorts are gone.

Just because you seem to dislike OKW or SSR, doesn't mean all do as well
No actually like OKW. Just bought SSR and havent stayed there yet. I think all the properties have pluses and minuses for every size travel party and what your looking for in a DW vacation. The variety DVC offers is great. We have done mostly 2 bedrooms, retirement is coming sooner than later and I can see studios in our future. May have to add more points so we can do 1 bedrooms to keep the flexibility of where we stay