home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-08-2019, 10:34 PM   #31
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurrfectPrincess View Post
McDonalds does brew a fair cup of joe. And the price is nice!

Indeed! Miss being able to get any size for $1 though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Here too! They’re all a bit different and sometimes I get a craving for one in particular. Caribou Coffee is another I often enjoy..... when traveling.

The price is really nice if you’re a Senior.

Around here we have another brand, Bigby Coffee. Local Michigan company. I LOVE their mocha beverages. Either extra hot in the winter or frozen in the summer. MMMMMMMMMM

My grandfather used to share his coffee with me when I was as young as 5. Typically the senior special from McDonald’s at the mall (back when the mall had a McDonald’s). No Starbucks around here then, haha. Ah the memories...

No Caribou locally, I‘ll have to keep my eye out while away.

Noticed that Bigby on my (our) Michigan visits. Next time!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:39 PM   #32
DonJose
One Bedroom

MMC1,

Nice that you live in Celebration. I have been to your Starbucks and I will say that is your best "counter service" dining option! All the other downtown restaurants are "table service". I love the Columbia Restaurant!

As for coffee -- there's no good or bad. It's how our taste buds are wired. I know people who get ill from the smell of coffee.

I prefer Starbucks. To me, Dunkin' Donuts' hot coffee tastes like coffee-flavored water and I'm from New England (I guess). So I can take their iced coffee but not their hot coffee. We latinos prefer stronger coffee (as a group) but one of my sisters loves Dunkin' -- it's all good.

DonJose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:12 AM   #33
MMC1
Grand Villa

Hi DonJose....
I was back at Disney Springs tonight to go to the AMC to see Last Christmas.
The closed Bongos restaurant that was next to SB is being renovated and the upper huge windows have been torn open to probably create a large indoor outdoor seating view area that will be tough competition for SB!!!
Beatrix will open its first restaurant in Florida, a neighborhood restaurant , coffeehouse and grab n go market featuring healthy food including vegetarian , gluten free, fresh squeezed juice cocktails.
Sounds good , probably not free. Haha

Last edited by MMC1; 11-09-2019 at 01:49 AM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:02 AM   #34
MMC1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm1504 View Post
Starbucks is the new Philip-Morris

People are hooked, the R&D on your product is about nothing. Just watch the profits come in. Just look at the share price of SBUX over the past 20 years compared to altria.
10 years ago as I sat in the Kansas City Plaza location ( I lived across the street) , started to notice all the children hanging out there with parent for pajama party entertainment apparently. I said to myself these kids will grow up and be hooked on SBX , should buy stock. Now I think the same thing when I stand in lines at all the Disney locations and see the children in strollers waiting for a SBX treat!
They are addicted at birth probably.
I love Disney and Starbucks forever. I guess my addictions could be worse.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM   #35
brp
Add-on Aficionado

We go to Starbuck's when at WDW. For real coffee, when in the Bay Area, we go to Peet's.

Cheers.
Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM   #36
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Lines are too long. It needs FP+.
Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM   #37
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
Lines are too long. It needs FP+.
Actually, I wonder if their pre-order would work. I know that one can earn, but not renew, SB points, so not sure about pre-order.

OK, quick Google search seems to say that mobile ordering works at DS, but not at park locations...

Cheers.