home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Yesterday, 08:13 AM   #11
MMC1
Grand Villa

I assumed it was for guests only and their children only. Usually When I stay at BLT I am at the party all night and forget to read the Daily Activities Guide until I get back home. This trip I decided to enjoy the amenities and avoid the MK.
Although I admit for one second I thought about testing the no wristband theory and sit in the upper level of the MK train station and be a party cheater to people watch.
WL and BLT did not seem as crowded for party goers.
ToWL was crowded tho.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:17 AM   #12
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
Looking forward to reading your report.

BCV, we'll be there ourselves in 23 days.
But who's counting? (25 for me)

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM   #13
tgropp
Studio

The Disney outlet store has to be tipping off their friends/on line customers for financial gain. If you watch these people, when the doors open they know exactly where to go and basically buy everything in the bin. I saw a man grab 27 purses one morning. It is a shame in a way
Dec 2014: VWL
Christmas 2013: VWL / BCV
Feb2013: AKV/Western Fantasy/BCV
Feb 2012: DCL Mexican Riveria
Dec 2011: VWL/BCV
Christmas 2010 : VWL
Nov 2009: BCV :
Dec 2008 : VWL/AKV
Dec 2007: BWV/VWL
Feb 2007: Dolphin/Magic Crusie/VWL/OKW
Christmas/New Years 2005: WL / Dolphin
Dec 2002: AKL/WL
Christmas/New Years 2000: WL/BC
Christmas/New Years 1998: WL/BC
Christmas 1996: WL Jr Suite
Christmas 1994: WL
Dec 1992: CBR
1989/1983/ 1981: Offsite
tgropp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM   #14
wdw1972
Grand Villa

DAY 3 – Sunday 11/10/19
Who: Sue (61), DVC Member
Pete & Judy, dvc friends from NJ

Plan: Pool, Terralina, Food & Wine

Actual: I slept well again, getting up at 5 this morning. I enjoyed my cappuccino and later heated up the other half off the ooey gooey for breakfast. It was nearly 9:15 before I finally left the room.

The weather is beautiful today, so I took advantage of that and walked around Crescent Lake, then headed down the ramp to International Gateway. Once again, the Skyliner was no operating. The other 2 loops are running, but the Epcot loop seems to be down quite often. I arrived just after the boat unloaded, so there was a bit of a delay getting into the park.

I walked into Future World and decided to ride Test Track as a single rider. The posted wait time was 10 minutes, and I’d say it was at least that long. This attraction is really very lame – it would be hard for me to waste a fastpass on it, and it’s not even worth a 10-minute wait in my opinion. I like the original version better.

By now it was just after 10am so I wandered around a bit, then went up and sat in the DVC member lounge for a while. I was waiting for the Flavors of Fire stand to open at 10:30, At 10:30 I went back outside and saw it was open, so I picked up a glass of the pinot gris from Oregon at the Active Eats stand, then got in the short line at Flavors of Fire for the chimichurri skirt steak. It was delicious, as usual!

Now it was time for the pool, so I headed back to International Gateway, and the Skyliner was still closed (just Epcot loop). They really need to fix whatever this problem is. I walked back to the resort, changed into a swimsuit and went down to the quiet pool about 11 am. It was a great day to be out by the pool, and I lasted a little over 2 hours before going back inside. I showered and dressed, and went out to the bus stop a little after 2:45.

When I got there, it was around 2:55 and the board said the next Disney Springs bus would be 3:18. Not happy, I sat down on a bench and within a couple minutes a Disney Springs bus pulls up! We’re the last stop, so we went directly there.

My only real destination was the Vera Bradley shop, to pick up the rest of my birthday present from SB. While I was looking at it, I felt a tug on my backpack, and it was Pete & Judy. They’d come over early too. They waited for me outside while I paid for my item, then we walked towards the old Marketplace section. We browsed through a few shops, and picked up a chocolate sample from Ghiradelli. We got over to Terralina around 4:15 and were surprised to learn happy hour is 4-6 rather than 5-7! That works better for us.

Pete & I each had a $25 birthday credit from the loyalty club, and it was no problem getting separate checks. At happy hour wines are half price, beers are mostly $5 and pizzas are half price. It’s a great deal! We had more food than we could eat and more drinks than we needed <g> - but we managed to use up most of the credits, just paying for the tip. We’d definitely come back here.

After settling the checks we walked over to the Orange garage and got Pete’s rental car, then drove back to Beach Club. I ran upstairs to put my leftover pizza in the fridge (along with last night’s pizza) & changed into jeans & a sweatshirt, then met them downstairs. We walked into Epcot without much delay, and headed to America.

They were still letting the line of guests into the 6:45 Big Bad Voodoo Daddy concert, so we waited for that to trickle down and then they opened the rope where we were waiting. We ended up with seats down front in the 3rd row – once again it wasn’t full. It was a great concert – very high energy, with terrific music. Starship is still my overall favorite, but this group is a close second.

After the concert we headed out of the theater. Pete & Judy went back to Vistana and I continued walking around World Showcase. In the Alps I finally got the blueberry and franzipone almond tart, and it was outstanding! I really liked this! It was hard to eat with a plastic fork, so after a couple bites I just took it back to eat in the room. The Skyliner was still running when I left, which is a good thing.

I was back in the room around 8, and will spend the rest of the evening watching HGTV. Today was a nice relaxing day, with terrific weather! I enjoyed every minute. Tomorrow is the last full day. I plan to get some pool time, and then will meet Pete & Judy at 3 to head over to the Studios briefly before one last afternoon/evening at Food & Wine Festival. I think the only “must have” that I haven’t tried yet is the chicken parm in Italy, so hopefully that will happen. Maybe I’ll repeat the blueberry tart since it was so delicious – and we’ll have Big Bad Voodoo Daddy again too.

wdw1972 is offline   Reply With Quote