home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-15-2019, 11:29 PM   #21
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
We are planning from OKW to take the boat to DS and then a bus to the Contemporary.

Should we take a bus to MK and walk over?

Which would be easier and quicker? We also have to go back late at night.

We have never gone before. We are planning on making an evening of it. We are going to a Boubon tasting at TOTWL, ending at 5:30. Then we will eat dinner in the vicinity. We are not sure where yet, and then return to the lounge for the fireworks. Then back to OKW.

A member of our party will not have a park ticket. Where should we try to eat? We will not be dressed up.

I’d say bus to Magic Kingdom and walking over would be fastest. Unless you wanted to spend some time in Disney Springs prior rather than just use it as a “gateway”. For a not too fancy place, how about The Wave which is right there at the Contemporary? Or Grand Floridian Cafe if you wanted to venture over to other monorail resorts.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:40 AM   #22
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
I’d say bus to Magic Kingdom and walking over would be fastest. Unless you wanted to spend some time in Disney Springs prior rather than just use it as a “gateway”. For a not too fancy place, how about The Wave which is right there at the Contemporary? Or Grand Floridian Cafe if you wanted to venture over to other monorail resorts.
The Wave sounds appealing because we will be right there. Is the food good? We have never eaten there.

There is a DVC package for dinner at the Wave and fireworks viewing. Has anyone done that? It is pretty pricey, but includes an alcoholic drink. The package would fit into our schedule perfectly.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:44 AM   #23
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
I’d say bus to Magic Kingdom and walking over would be fastest. Unless you wanted to spend some time in Disney Springs prior rather than just use it as a “gateway”.

I agree.....For the quickest way to ToWL or Uber for $12-$15.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:45 AM   #24
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
The Wave sounds appealing because we will be right there. Is the food good? We have never eaten there.

We like the Wave. The food is good, but is over shadowed by Cali Grill and Chef Mickey in popularity. We have a reservation there in 4 weeks.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:58 AM   #25
beachclubmum
One Bedroom

With parking so hit and miss at the Contemporary, last week I just had our party take the bus to MK and walk over. We had people from 3 different resorts and it worked seamlessly.

We love the Wave. Of course, if you have a dining reservation there, you have a guaranteed way to park as well. Have never heard of the dining package...wonder where the fireworks viewing portion comes in. Didn't notice anything roped off in the TOTWL area. Is it just a guarantee that you can go up there if it's full?

Eta: I see in the description it's a reserved spot. Don't forget that you get a DVC dining discount at the Wave too, when comparing prices and value of the package.

Last edited by beachclubmum; 04-16-2019 at 06:07 AM.
beachclubmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:20 AM   #26
Goofy Dad 13
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachclubmum View Post
With parking so hit and miss at the Contemporary, last week I just had our party take the bus to MK and walk over. We had people from 3 different resorts and it worked seamlessly.

We love the Wave. Of course, if you have a dining reservation there, you have a guaranteed way to park as well. Have never heard of the dining package...wonder where the fireworks viewing portion comes in. Didn't notice anything roped off in the TOTWL area. Is it just a guarantee that you can go up there if it's full?

Eta: I see in the description it's a reserved spot. Don't forget that you get a DVC dining discount at the Wave too, when comparing prices and value of the package.
We did not do it, but the space on the far right of the outdoor space (as you look at MK) was roped off and had tall cocktail tables set up(no chairs).

Goofy Dad 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:36 PM   #27
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachclubmum View Post

Is a reservation for Bourbon tasting and dinner a SURE way to park? We don’t want to have to pay for valet or Uber. I am paying enough. Also, I can’t afford to arrive and be turned away and miss the tasting.

Another possibility for transportation might be to park at MK parking and take the monorail to Contemporary.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:06 PM   #28
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Is a reservation for Bourbon tasting and dinner a SURE way to park? We don’t want to have to pay for valet or Uber. I am paying enough. Also, I can’t afford to arrive and be turned away and miss the tasting.

Another possibility for transportation might be to park at MK parking and take the monorail to Contemporary.

In the other thread, you are considering paying for the fireworks dining package. If you are willing to pay that to have access and not worry about parking, then I say skip the package to save money, use Uber ($12-$15) and go straight to ToWL.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:13 PM   #29
GoofyCoaster
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

The “rules” for who can go up to ToTWL seem nebulous and cast member dependent. I’m a new resale owner and would like to check it out while staying at the poly next month but I don’t want to get turned away at the elevator. That would be embarrassing.
GoofyCoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:42 PM   #30
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyCoaster View Post
The “rules” for who can go up to ToTWL seem nebulous and cast member dependent. I’m a new resale owner and would like to check it out while staying at the poly next month but I don’t want to get turned away at the elevator. That would be embarrassing.
Parking rule is its not allowed but yes.often people have been allowed to. But entry isn't nebulous afaik. It is open for all owners. Resale and direct.