home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-15-2019, 06:15 PM   #11
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
There isn’t room for that many turnstiles. I expect security and turnstiles to be streamlined, so that there is room at both to deal with the Skyliner passengers.

So a permanent security structure for those arriving by boat, foot and gondolas. And then maybe 4 extra turnstiles in the existing location. But I don’t think there will be anywhere near 14 turnstiles.
I don’t necessarily bet on transportation pilot/driver rumors but with tapstyles, couldn’t they fit in 14 if there is an expansion? Two entries alone can provide 8 tap points.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:15 PM   #12
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
There isn’t room for that many turnstiles. I expect security and turnstiles to be streamlined, so that there is room at both to deal with the Skyliner passengers.

So a permanent security structure for those arriving by boat, foot and gondolas. And then maybe 4 extra turnstiles in the existing location. But I don’t think there will be anywhere near 14 turnstiles.
They’re installing two sets of seven turnstiles to really slow down entry. Only one bag check though

Last edited by Mass Transit; 04-15-2019 at 08:00 PM.
Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:55 PM   #13
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I don’t necessarily bet on transportation pilot/driver rumors but with tapstyles, couldn’t they fit in 14 if there is an expansion? Two entries alone can provide 8 tap points.

Dirk
And aren't there already 8? So it's just adding 6 more which is nothing for that space if they adjust it.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:59 PM   #14
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
And aren't there already 8? So it's just adding 6 more which is nothing for that space if they adjust it.
Yes, there were 8 there as of last month. If they can push it out width wise, they could easily add double. Given the lines we saw at times, maybe they need to triple?
Old 04-15-2019, 09:43 PM   #15
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Confirms what I have been posting for many months. Disney will expand the security check point of IG and fix the bottleneck.

Indeed.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:02 PM   #16
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Thanks for pictures.
They announced a late July/August date for the Skyliner that connects to HS with hopes to have “training” and security ready for StarWars but the Epcot IG will open much later with planned 14 turnstiles to enter..... according to boat captain on Friday.
Boat captain = bus driver.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:25 AM   #17
beachclubmum
One Bedroom

The new construction walls were up during SW race weekend. While I was happy to see that they were expanding the turnstile area as it needs to be done, I sure hope they'll finally be adding a pass through for those with no bags!!!

Still mourning the upcoming loss our quiet IG due to gondolas.
beachclubmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:20 AM   #18
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Boat captain = bus driver.
Agree, but I think boat captains are somewhat more reliable. That still leaves a lot of room for imagination! I had one tell me the official capacity of MK is 73K, which is a very reasonable figure. Doesn't mean he didn't just make it up...

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:59 AM   #19
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Thanks for pictures.
They announced a late July/August date for the Skyliner that connects to HS with hopes to have “training” and security ready for StarWars but the Epcot IG will open much later with planned 14 turnstiles to enter..... according to boat captain on Friday.
Why will Epcot IG skyliner open later?
Old 04-16-2019, 08:10 AM   #20
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
Why will Epcot IG skyliner open later?

Personally, I am hoping that the gondolas will be operational by August. It appears that they are on track to open before SWGE. All of the stations are in great shape. All the towers are up. There are two major drop points, DHS and IG......DHS is good, the IG security and ticket booth location is just now starting construction and should go very quick.

Last edited by tomandrobin; 04-16-2019 at 09:09 AM.
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote