home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-15-2019, 06:12 PM   #21
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.disney.couple View Post
I wouldn't consider the fixed week if I couldn't use it as regular points. I have a December use year so it should be seamless with my other points. Worse case I just bought 161 points without a discount if I never use the fixed week.

I agree, life can change and that's why we broke up our last purchase into smaller contracts. I'm in education so I will always have that week off without asking for it. I'm more worried about the higher cost plane tickets. It will be harder for my wife to get the time off but again we could just use them as regular points or I could go without her If something happened where I needed to sell, I could sell my other 125 CCV points first (all or just part of it, they're broken into 50, 50, 25 contracts) if needed and hold onto the fixed week
I have a December fixed week but a September UY. If I convert the week to points, they go into my Sept. UY.

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:02 PM   #22
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I would love a fixed week for NYE but really want a studio that sleeps 5.
Have you considered that scenario for future family vacations? Because CC only sleeps 4 and RRwill sleep 5.
Yes, we were first hesitant about CCV for that reason on the off chance of bringing an extra person. I at least wish the one bedroom slept 5 or allowed 5 without bedding like BC. But we decided we really liked the resort and we are a permanent family of 4 with no chances of a surprise number 5. So as the kids get older theyíll either have to keep sharing the bed or stay home. We could also do one bedrooms at other times of the year when we donít use the fixed week.

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:05 PM   #23
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
However, if they try to switch up the points again they would probably do it slighly differently... and the next attempt could have a bigger impact on premier season relative to one of the other ones. It's hard to know what the future will bring.
Thatís true, because of the unknown and the hard to get studios at CCV, I think the fixed week makes a lot of sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by got4boys View Post
On fixed weeks, you could still choose not to use your week and get your points for that year. For example, if the week falls under 161, cancel your fixed week and you still get the 161 points for that year.

For the years above 161, you go and use it and you do not pay anything extra for it. Just the premium at initial purchase. Also, no discounts are applied.
Great strategy!

Old 04-15-2019, 10:19 PM   #24
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
I have a December fixed week but a September UY. If I convert the week to points, they go into my Sept. UY.
I called member services to get more info on how it works and they said the points are in your account and if you use them before they book the fixed week then all is normal? You donít have to cancel anything? If you donít use them then it automatically books the ressie for you? You can still use them 11 months before? So like I could book December 1st 2019 in January 2019? What happens if I donít use all the points and bank some but then the next year I want to fixed week? Will it use the banked points and then current points or just the current points for the fixed week and then I would still have to use the banked points for something else? And what if they auto book the fixed and I decide I donít want it? How long do I have to cancel? Can I just before I need to bank and then can bank the points? I hope that makes sense and thank you for any info u have

Old 04-15-2019, 10:33 PM   #25
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I called member services to get more info on how it works and they said the points are in your account and if you use them before they book the fixed week then all is normal? You donít have to cancel anything? If you donít use them then it automatically books the ressie for you? You can still use them 11 months before? So like I could book December 1st 2019 in January 2019? What happens if I donít use all the points and bank some but then the next year I want to fixed week? Will it use the banked points and then current points or just the current points for the fixed week and then I would still have to use the banked points for something else? And what if they auto book the fixed and I decide I donít want it? How long do I have to cancel? Can I just before I need to bank and then can bank the points? I hope that makes sense and thank you for any info u have
They will booked the fixed weeks at approx. 12 months and use that years points to book it. Any banked points are left for you to use as you wish. The cancellation deadlines follow the same rules as all other DVC cancellations. 30 days or less points go into holdings. Banking deadlines apply etc. If you want to cancel you do need to call in to have MS cancel the week as they need to do some sort of recover of the extra points assuming that the week that year actually required less than you purchased for the fixed week guarantee.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:50 AM   #26
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

If you are planning on making NYE week a tradition, then I would definitely go with the fixed week at CCV. I own at CCV and even in the 11 month window, a studio is tough to book for the full week, actually all the resorts are tough that week in a studio. NYE week is beautiful at WDW. While the parks are crowded, this is the one time of year I am thankful for the FP+ system, the rest of the year I miss the old paper system.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:55 AM   #27
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Yes, we were first hesitant about CCV for that reason on the off chance of bringing an extra person. I at least wish the one bedroom slept 5 or allowed 5 without bedding like BC. But we decided we really liked the resort and we are a permanent family of 4 with no chances of a surprise number 5. So as the kids get older theyíll either have to keep sharing the bed or stay home. We could also do one bedrooms at other times of the year when we donít use the fixed week.
We stayed in the one bedroom over NYE week this past year. My two boys (18 + 16) wanted their own bed, so I purchased a twin inflatable mattress from Walmart, and left it there when we left. Hence as your kids get older, if they want their own space, you can always use an inflatable mattress at any of the resorts
Old 04-16-2019, 08:49 AM   #28
MMC1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Great idea, I didn't think about that!

After review it woudn't affect this fixed week as much as others because premiere and choice went up very little. But upon further review there are years where its an excellent deal and surpasses the points needed even with the premium 10% more and other years when it's much more under. If planned right going when it only passes the 161 points would make it a really good deal. The more December days week 52 has, the better it is to use that year

Here are the numbers.

Using current 2020 point charts
2020- 152 points
2021- 164 points
2022- 176 points
2023- 176 points
2024- 138 points

Using Chartpocalypse points
2020- 154 points
2021- 167 points
2022- 180 points
2023- 180 points
2024- 136 points

Definitely wouldn't go in 2024
Have you actually been quoted the point/ price cost for week 52 by guide?
I think they average the amount of points for entire length of contract plus the 10% premium price. Not trying to be rude but if you have been quoted 161 price point sounds like a bargain!
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:06 AM   #29
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
We stayed in the one bedroom over NYE week this past year. My two boys (18 + 16) wanted their own bed, so I purchased a twin inflatable mattress from Walmart, and left it there when we left. Hence as your kids get older, if they want their own space, you can always use an inflatable mattress at any of the resorts

Back when the kids were teenagers, taking an inflatable mattress on trips was routine. We still have two sitting on a shelf, in our basement, collecting dust. We never used them at WDW though.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:30 AM   #30
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Great idea, I didn't think about that!

After review it woudn't affect this fixed week as much as others because premiere and choice went up very little. But upon further review there are years where its an excellent deal and surpasses the points needed even with the premium 10% more and other years when it's much more under. If planned right going when it only passes the 161 points would make it a really good deal. The more December days week 52 has, the better it is to use that year

Here are the numbers.

Using current 2020 point charts
2020- 152 points
2021- 164 points
2022- 176 points
2023- 176 points
2024- 138 points

Using Chartpocalypse points
2020- 154 points
2021- 167 points
2022- 180 points
2023- 180 points
2024- 136 points

Definitely wouldn't go in 2024
2020 is when booking will be most difficult without the fixed week because of the extended NYE weekend, where the 1st falls on a Friday so schools are off through Tuesday. We tried to book a studio at BCV in 2015 and I had a hard time due to the walkers, and I have close to 400 BCV points and I was shut out that week in the 11 month window. I think if you can get week 52 it is definitely worth it, and CCV is my personal favorite for Christmas week.