home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-14-2019, 02:11 PM   #341
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
Maybe they might build a train system from AKL to AK Part, to Coronado Springs, but I don't know. That would be about 2.5 miles, and I've heard that ground trains, in that area of Florida, cost about $25 million per mile to build. So total cost on that one would come out at around $70 million. About the price of the whole rest of the gondola system put together.

I don't see why it would be hard to put in a gondola line from CB to Coronado Springs. They could jog north through the Crescent Lake area, or not, and then parallel East Buena Vista Drive all the way to Coronado Springs.

Eventually, though they will be interconnected, I see there being 'Four Skyliner Areas' where it will be easy to travel within the areas. Area 1 will be MK and the 7 Seas Lagoon area, including Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge and Reflections. Area 2 will be Port Orleans RS and FQ, OKW, SSR, Disney Springs, Typhoon Lagoon, and Caribbean Beach. Area 3 would be Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Blizzard Beach, All Star Resorts and Animal Kingdom Park and Lodges. Area 4 will be the currently existing lines, Epcot, Riviera, Caribbean Beach, Hollywood Studios/Star Wars Land, and POP/AoA. Within each area, travel will be pretty efficient.
My view is that unless the area north of Coronado Springs is unable to be developed, that is the largest and most versatile plot they have available to use. They could easily add a 5th park there and build three more connected Resorts around it, suddenly creating out of thin air new Resorts with prime locations. However, they could even bill just a gigantic "Gondola Central Station" North of Coronado Springs and still have enough room for a park on the other side of that.
pdude81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:52 PM   #342
Fiveresorts
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I absolutely see the Skyway as a very good option for BCV. It's a similar walking distance to the boats and continuous loading unlike those boats. I hate those boats unless I'm going the full Epcot/ DHS route.

BWV is walking all the way and one of the big benefits of the resort.
The walk from BCV to the skyliner won't be any farther than it is to the boat to HS. It will be way faster.
Fiveresorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:50 PM   #343
sawickipedia
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
So they're trying to sell us on these features that don't work the first month they are being used with nobody actually sleeping on them?

I know the little one at least works at Polynesian and that's where we are most likely staying, so it isn't as big a deal to me
BCV and BVW have the below the TV pull down bed already and they work fine - we've used them at both.
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:22 PM   #344
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
So they're trying to sell us on these features that don't work the first month they are being used with nobody actually sleeping on them?

I know the little one at least works at Polynesian and that's where we are most likely staying, so it isn't as big a deal to me
It was a little strange but I think they'll get whatever worked out that they need to. They mentioned that the support legs were going to be removed from the living room murphy bed so it wouldn't scratch the floor. They also hesitated a bit to pull down the sofa murphy bed and then they both helped to operate it. I asked about that and they said it was easy to move.....but the first one was struggling a bit.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:49 PM   #345
Nickys
Grand Villa

Not sure if these incentives are the same as they’ve had up till now, or if they’ve changed since it is now on sale to everyone.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/savings/
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:01 PM   #346
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Not sure if these incentives are the same as they’ve had up till now, or if they’ve changed since it is now on sale to everyone.

Looks to be a little less than the member incentives
Old 04-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #347
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post

Quote:
Looks to be a little less than the member incentives
I think those are the incentives for new buyers who aren’t current owners. They were not published until today, I think. Thanks for posting.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:22 PM   #348
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
I think those are the incentives for new buyers who aren’t current owners. They were not published until today, I think. Thanks for posting.
Agreed. My guide said that the other numbers were good through the end of April, and the dvcexplorer site still shows those amounts for "Member with Developer Credit".

Still those are as good as they usually do a year after the resort has been on sale.
Old Yesterday, 08:43 AM   #349
carolina_yankee
Administrator

When will we get a sense of how well Riviera is selling?

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:03 AM   #350
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
When will we get a sense of how well Riviera is selling?

Dirk

Deeds are starting to be recorded. April sales data will be incomplete because of the lag between the sale and the actual recording of the deed. May's numbers will be more indicative on the pace of sales....which means we wait until early June.