home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-08-2019, 06:34 PM   #1
susieh
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Why only 14 days of Fastpasses?

Disney only allows me to book 14 days of FPs even though I am staying for 20 days.
Why?
They get the same payment from me for 20 continuous days as they do from someone else for 2 stays of 10 days?
In the UK they sell us 21 day tickets with no mention of this limit - in fact it even links to a page with a message saying you can book FPs for the entire length of your stay.

I am really really annoyed about this. We would not have stayed for the additional 6 days if we had realised that this restriction was in place.

Member Services and Internet Support will not help as it is "Disney Policy". I am going to write to Guest Services but I am not holding out much hope
susieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:43 PM   #2
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

Iím not sure why you canít book for the entire trip other than to ensure that everyone gets a chance to get FP.

Iím pretty sure that you can start booking day 15 after youíve used your first full day of FP. Sure you most likely wonít be able to book FP for the FOP or Slinky Dog for that 3rd week but you will still have plenty of options available. Book the FP for those hard to get rides/attractions and then plan the rest of the trip around them.

Now all of my kids are "Disney Adults"

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but moving very close to the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:49 AM   #3
susieh
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDreamingDisney View Post
Iím pretty sure that you can start booking day 15 after youíve used your first full day of FP. Sure you most likely wonít be able to book FP for the FOP or Slinky Dog for that 3rd week but you will still have plenty of options available. Book the FP for those hard to get rides/attractions and then plan the rest of the trip around them.
The trouble with that plan is that the first 14 days will be with friends and their 5 and 7 year old girls. We're focusing on rides that they will enjoy and then we'll do the ones they don't want to do when they have gone home. Disney isn't giving us that option!
susieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:37 AM   #4
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieh View Post
Disney only allows me to book 14 days of FPs even though I am staying for 20 days.
Why?
They get the same payment from me for 20 continuous days as they do from someone else for 2 stays of 10 days?
In the UK they sell us 21 day tickets with no mention of this limit - in fact it even links to a page with a message saying you can book FPs for the entire length of your stay.

I am really really annoyed about this. We would not have stayed for the additional 6 days if we had realised that this restriction was in place.

Member Services and Internet Support will not help as it is "Disney Policy". I am going to write to Guest Services but I am not holding out much hope
You can only book 14 days at once when your 60 day window opens.

The following day you can add the 15th day of FPs. And so on.

At least you always could do so before. If you find you canít, then this is a change in policy and you should definitely complain higher up the chain.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:39 PM   #5
Nickys
Grand Villa

Have you tried booking the next day yet?

It definitely works, just seen confirmation from two different sites! In fact by now you can add days 15 and 16.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote