home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-05-2019, 04:29 PM   #31
carolina_yankee
Administrator

So, with David's or other vendors, to what extent do you have to go searching for the right room? Or, have the checked and just shoot you an email to book R Resort at D Date for N Nights?

I may have points to rent next year, and would like the easy way out.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:48 PM   #32
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
So, with David's or other vendors, to what extent do you have to go searching for the right room? Or, have the checked and just shoot you an email to book R Resort at D Date for N Nights?

I may have points to rent next year, and would like the easy way out.

Dirk
You fill in a form telling them how many points you have to rent out, home resort, use year, and any flexibility to borrow etc. They then send an intermediary contract which you return to accept.

They then send an email saying ďwe have a renter wanting a studio at BLT for this no. of points, are you happy to book this. Please confirm and do not book until we adviseĒ.

You confirm, they send a request specifying exactly what to book, the names, address etc. They have already done all the searching. You just go online or call and book.

And then when you confirm and give them the reservation number, they send an invoice which is between you, Davidís and the renter.

And they will then request you add DME and dining plan if required. I booked DME a couple of days later. Again you just provide confirmation to them.

It was so easy. I was a nervous first time renter, but they answered all my questions on chat, and replied to emails almost instantly.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:52 PM   #33
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
You fill in a form telling them how many points you have to rent out, home resort, use year, and any flexibility to borrow etc. They then send an intermediary contract which you return to accept.

They then send an email saying “we have a renter wanting a studio at BLT for this no. of points, are you happy to book this. Please confirm and do not book until we advise”.

You confirm, they send a request specifying exactly what to book, the names, address etc. They have already done all the searching. You just go online or call and book.

And then when you confirm and give them the reservation number, they send an invoice which is between you, David’s and the renter.

And they will then request you add DME and dining plan if required. I booked DME a couple of days later. Again you just provide confirmation to them.

It was so easy. I was a nervous first time renter, but they answered all my questions on chat, and replied to emails almost instantly.
That sounds easy enough. When dining plan is booked, do you have to pay and are reimbursed by David through the contract, or does the guest pay when the check in? I'm not a dining plan person, so I don't know how it works for DVC!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:56 PM   #34
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
That sounds easy enough. When dining plan is booked, do you have to pay and are reimbursed by David through the contract, or does the guest pay when the check in? I'm not a dining plan person, so I don't know how it works for DVC!

Dirk
You donít have to pay out of pocket!

I think the renter other gives a gift card number or a CC no. for you to use. It has to be paid for when booking it.

I havenít been asked to book it yet, never done it online either so a little apprehensive. Just from the pov of providing confirmation. But I hope itís like DME that if you book it online you do get an email (I never have booking either by phone).
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote