home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-13-2018, 11:23 PM   #11
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

I hate this . It was one perk of staying on property. No parking fees , no resort fee .

I remember when it was one price regardless if you had one person or four. Then that was changed .

Perhaps Disney thinks it will not matter . It matters to me
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:24 PM   #12
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Having a hard time believing the rumor as far as DVC goes. Parking lots are part of common elements that our dues pay to maintain. Don't believe they can legally charge us to park unless they also give us proportionate share of the revenue. Like that would ever happen, lol.
I don't think this applies to DVC from what I read. It looks like it applies to the regular resort hotels. FWIW, VGC charges its hotel guests to park. I know this because we looked into it before we owned DVC and decided to hire a car service instead of paying to rent a car and pay to park the car. Only DVC members get to park for free. I know Universal charges their guests to park too because we have paid it and will again this summer. :/ I guess we will all know soon enough how this will play out at WDW.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:29 PM   #13
bubster
Grand Villa

Well this pretty much assures that we will never book a cash room on property. Just another disgusting money grab. So disappointing.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:54 PM   #14
bobbafett
Grand Villa

Wow paranoid....

Article said nothing about dvc.

Mainly someone stopping buy hotel to visit. If dining. Maybe the parking will be validated. Like many hotels and hospitals..

And really. Do you think wdw will add a parking fee to your invoice, when you aren't even driving.....and taking the magical express.. and have no on site car?

Seems a bit rumour rushed.
AKL 14, AKL 16, AKL/VWL 16, SS 17.

bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:59 PM   #15
bobbafett
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
I believe the article stated "DVC members staying onsite with points will receive free parking for up to 2 cars".

We can only hope...
Article didn't list that.

Where is all this info coming from.

Stated nothing about dvc or how many cars..
AKL 14, AKL 16, AKL/VWL 16, SS 17.

bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:08 AM   #16
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Well we do have two resorts that do charge for onsite parking for non-DVC guests - Disneyland resorts and Aulani. Now I do realize that space is in short supply at those two resorts. Does HHI and Vero charge for parking? I don't have experience at those two resorts.

I do agree though with everyone's feelings on this - it's not very magical and feels petty. I really, really despise resort fees and parking fees when I travel to a destination. I'm sure resort fees will be next at WDW.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:44 AM   #17
luaulei321
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
I believe the article stated "DVC members staying onsite with points will receive free parking for up to 2 cars".

We can only hope...
Disneyland and Aulani both charge guests for onsite parking. DVC members staying on points can park up to 2 cars per reservation. I would expect it to be the same if parking fees were instituted at WDW.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:39 AM   #18
Crafty
Grand Villa

Disney will continue to do this sort of thing until their revenue falls because of it. As long as the added fees more than cover any lost revenue, Disney thinks it is winning the money grab.

They are counting on the new attractions to spur desire to vacation at WDW, despite the constantly increasing costs. They may be right.

I personally believe that the Disney model will have negative results over the long term. If we weren’t DVC members, I doubt that we would pay what they are asking for hotel rooms. We would go somewhere else. Every time they raise the ante, a few more families call it quits. There has to be a tipping point at which the money grabs no longer cover the lost revenue.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:06 AM   #19
Sephorin
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Now, Screamscape has mixed reliability, but the folks who run WDW Magic or are in the know indicate they have similar information.

Word is that DVC guests staying on points wil get free parking privileges for up to two cars.
Thanks for keeping us up to date on the latest Disney goings on!

Just to be clear, this is an unconfirmed rumor at this point? Nothing has been officially announced by Disney?

Also, the rumor has it that the parking fee will work the same way it does at Aulani, correct? Cash guests pay for parking, DVC members get free parking.

Honestly, I am kind of amazed that Disney World doesn't charge for parking at their resorts. So I would not be at all surprised if this rumor turns out to be true. If I were Disney, though, I would couple any parking fee announcement with an infrastructure announcement. Something like, "Yes, we're charging people parking fees, but we are also starting to build a new underground parking facility."

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Resort fees likely to be added at a later time.
I did not see anything about resort fees in the article. Was this sarcasm?

Last edited by Sephorin; 03-14-2018 at 06:20 AM.
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:17 AM   #20
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

I agree with everyone that says free parking for resort guests is one of the big perks. If I wanted to pay for parking, I would stay at a Disney Springs area hotel (at a HUGE discount compared to Disney). In fact, if this goes through, I have a good idea that we will be staying at the Holiday Inn anytime we're not staying on points.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote