home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-12-2018, 04:18 PM   #151
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Default Can someone explain “linking reservations” please

Can someone explain linking reservations please. Is this for just keeping families in the same building? Is it for combining cash and points stays or could I use it in situation below.

Currently have reservations for 7 adults 5/25-5/31 in 3bdr @ SSR

Just found out one couple will not be able to stay past the 29th.

We are set up for the dinning plan for all 7 of us for 6 nights.

Am I better off rebooking as 5/25-5/29 for 7 and 5/29-5/31 for 5?

Would I run the risk of loosing my dates as there are no 3 bdr available for that week?

If reservations are linked will I need to check out and Check in again?

Normally I wouldn’t quibble but 2 adults for 2 nights on the dinning plan adds up quickly.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:32 PM   #152
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
Can someone explain linking reservations please. Is this for just keeping families in the same building? Is it for combining cash and points stays or could I use it in situation below.

Would I run the risk of loosing my dates as there are no 3 bdr available for that week?

Normally I wouldn’t quibble but 2 adults for 2 nights on the dinning plan adds up quickly.
I believe when you call MS to change who is on the reservation they should be able to break it up for you. Now depending on which meal plan you were looking at, remember that it also works on check out day. So if you have enough meals to cover them in the first 4 nights of your reservation then great. That's likely your best plan but think about it before deciding whether you should add one more day to the reservation of 7 and cut one back from the 5.

Do not try to cancel anything and do it yourself because you could lose the room you have already.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:33 PM   #153
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post

Would I run the risk of loosing my dates as there are no 3 bdr available for that week? ,

We've had one stay where we had to move, two where we didn't. They can't guarantee you won't have to move.
- Last time we asked when we checked in and they were able to confirm it after a quick phone call.
- Our first split stay involved a discounted cash room and a points room, and we got to stay in the same room
- But then we had one where we did have to move.
All at BLT.

You do need to check out and in again, but it takes 2 minutes to do.

I don't know how risky it would be to rebook though. My instinct says it's not likely someone would pounce on a GV, but I would ask MS to do it.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:44 PM   #154
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
We've had one stay where we had to move, two where we didn't. They can't guarantee you won't have to move.
- Last time we asked when we checked in and they were able to confirm it after a quick phone call.
- Our first split stay involved a discounted cash room and a points room, and we got to stay in the same room
All at BLT.

I don't know how risky it would be to rebook though. My instinct says it's not likely someone would pounce on a GV, but I would ask MS to do it.
Thank you I don’t want to risk moving rooms, considering that the first part of our trip was a fulfilled waitlist I am not willing to risk it.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:47 PM   #155
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
All at BLT.

Thanks you sparked my imagination with that - leaving dinning plan as is and adding in some signature.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:18 PM   #156
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

So it just occurred to me that we could use Rider Switch for Flight of Passage and it would essentially double our fast passes for the ride. However, I've heard that the ride takes a while. Does anyone know how long it takes from the time you get in line until you're off? If the mrs. and I are going to ride it twice each, but never together, what kind of time commitment would what be? An hour? Hour and a half?
Old 03-14-2018, 12:48 AM   #157
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
So it just occurred to me that we could use Rider Switch for Flight of Passage and it would essentially double our fast passes for the ride. However, I've heard that the ride takes a while. Does anyone know how long it takes from the time you get in line until you're off? If the mrs. and I are going to ride it twice each, but never together, what kind of time commitment would what be? An hour? Hour and a half?
Not sure exactly on time but it's got to be 20 mins between ride and pre shoe.

I wanted to remind you though that rider swap normally is valid for a couple days so you don't have to cram all rides in on one day
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:50 AM   #158
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Not sure exactly on time but it's got to be 20 mins between ride and pre shoe.

I wanted to remind you though that rider swap normally is valid for a couple days so you don't have to cram all rides in on one day
Thank you. Unfortunately we're only doing one AK day and it's at the end of the trip (no hoppers) so it'd all have to be one day.

My initial thought was to shoot for an early evening FP time to see Pandora as it lights up. Regardless of the time I wonder if 80 minutes of parent swapping might be more trouble than it's worth, particularly if there's not another attraction nearby to take the younger kids on (assuming standby at River Journey is too long). I dunno.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:56 AM   #159
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

I periodically check wait times just to see what’s going on in the bubble, and I think the wait times for Na’vi River Journey are going to be too long to be useful.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:29 AM   #160
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I periodically check wait times just to see what’s going on in the bubble, and I think the wait times for Na’vi River Journey are going to be too long to be useful.
Thank you.

I actually just went on to make Fast Pass reservations and I see that they still aren't offering them at all for Toy Story Midway Mania. Riding it in standby might be a gigantic pain and given the dearth of other attractions, I think we might skip that park. I grabbed fast passes for Flight of Passage on that day instead. So, maybe we'll do two AK days after all. Kind of wishing we had park hoppers at the moment, but I don't think I can justify the price for just one day. Either way, I'm happy to have gotten the FoP passes (for two days!) before they were all gone.