home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What premium are you wiling to pay for a Disney cruise?
None 20 23.81%
0% - 15% 19 22.62%
15% - 30% 20 23.81%
30%-40% 9 10.71%
Above 40% 2 2.38%
I'll only cruise DCL 14 16.67%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2018, 09:44 PM   #41
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
I will NEVERpay the ABD premium. That is truly a 150% premium
No....Its not that much a premium.

But I will guarantee you that the ABD treatment is top notch and nothing Viking offers can match it. My ABD experience was fantastic and I would recommend using ABD if you want all inclusive travel experience.

Once you add in all the extras, the ABD price comes back down to a similar level. Its still more, just not 150% more.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:47 PM   #42
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Thatís nuts! There really should be a true discount for solo travelers.
I agree.....As Brian wrote, only NCL offers solo travelers a cabin for one. The price isn't half of a normal cabin, but its not full fair either.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:36 PM   #43
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Thatís nuts! There really should be a true discount for solo travelers.
Their business model is to get a certain amount from each stateroom. They don't care how that happens, whether it's one passenger or four. The $300 is probably just the meals the second person would have eaten.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:36 AM   #44
RunningTink
One Bedroom

I voted 15-30%, but I know I went further for that one week Star Wars Cruise. Lol It was expensive, but awesome. Thanks Robin!

Our story is this...we are a couple with no kids and started out on RCCL 26 years ago. Since then weíve done about 30 cruises on RC, Princess, Carnival, Celebrity and this Sept our first Halloween Disney Cruise will be our 11 Disney & introduction to Platinum. Squeee! DCL has gotten the bulk of our cruises the last decade. They are just better at everything. When people ask me why I tell the same story every time. One day on one of our DCL trips I had a lovely conversation with the guy revarnishing the railings around the jacuzzi at the adult pool. That night I had a lovely conversation with the captain of the ship. They equally loved their jobs and working for DCL and it was quite obvious. The staff on other ships that Iíve observed (and Iíve done the social experiment) just donít have that same level of enthusiasm. You can see the difference in the sparkle in their eyes.

Iím so hopeful some of the older ships like Magic or Wonder (still awesome vessels) will be positioned in the Far East/Australia when the new ships arrive bc weíd really like to see that part of the world. If not, we will probably have to go back to other lines. I admit to wanting to check out the new Celebrity Edge.

RunningTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:49 AM   #45
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
I agree.....As Brian wrote, only NCL offers solo travelers a cabin for one. The price isn't half of a normal cabin, but its not full fair either.
Celebrity will have solo cabins on the Edge, too. No idea of the price for them though.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:53 AM   #46
D C
Add-on Aficionado

I voted 0-15%
I *might* consider paying a very small premium for a Disney cruise if everything else is equal. Same room type, same ports, same perks, same beverage packages (or total cost), etc...
Old 03-14-2018, 08:13 AM   #47
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Celebrity will have solo cabins on the Edge, too. No idea of the price for them though.
Its about a 50% premium over a individual rate on double occupancy......so its about 25% off a regular cabin price.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:07 AM   #48
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
I wonder if the new ships will have solo cabins? That seems to be a smart trend . . .

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:10 AM   #49
carolina_yankee
Administrator

72% of respondents said they would not pay more than a 30% premium for a Disney Cruise, many of them ardent Disney fans. I wouldn't be surprised if that were actually more than 25% since the category has a 15% spread.

Also, 24% have said No Premium Interesting.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:20 AM   #50
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
72% of respondents said they would not pay more than a 30% premium for a Disney Cruise, many of them ardent Disney fans. I wouldn't be surprised if that were actually more than 25% since the category has a 15% spread.

Also, 24% have said No Premium Interesting.

Dirk
Only problem with this poll, you are asking the question to those people that drink the koolaid the hardest.