home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-13-2018, 08:29 PM   #1
heathpack
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default DL Fireworks: Can they be viewed from Riverbelle Terrace Patio?

We took advantage of the SoCal resident 3-day hopper deal and have one day left on that pass to use up. Found a single night at VGC, so we are heading to Disneyland on May 12, which turns out to be a grad night.

We hate crowds so: Oy.

But we can arrive in time for extra magic hour, get a max pass, power through both parks early, check in to VGC and decompress for a little bit.

I'd like to see both fireworks and Fantasmic if possible, with a little more emphasis on fireworks. But we'll be back in November for the Moonlight Magic event (which I assume has fireworks?), so its not the end of the world if we don't have prime fireworks viewing.

I booked a RiverBelle Terrace Fantasmic package, the 8pm seating so that we can watch the show with/after our dinner. Husband wants to sit in a chair for the show if we're going to see it (but he doesn't really care that much if we see it).

My question is whether we can see the fireworks from the patio of RiverBelle Terrace. I understand it would not be a prime viewing spot, but if we can see the fireworks from an oblique angle that will be good enough.

If we can't see the fireworks from the patio, I'm assuming it would be too difficult after Fantasmic to make it the roped off viewing area to see the fireworks from there?

Member DVC Hilton Head Island & Villas at Grand Californian
Member Hyatt Vacation Club
Member Starwood Vacation Network
heathpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:58 PM   #2
Leftcoaster
Founding Member

That should be a pretty difficult angle to view the fireworks. Depending on where you are seating, you may have the buildings in your way. Next time I'm there, I'll try to remember to take a look at the angles there. I'd try to get closer to the Mark Twain dock and that should be a decent spot. If you left (and hurried) right as Fantasmic is ending, you could probably make it through Big Thunder Trail and get to Small World for that viewing area.

Also, Moonlight Magic is at DCA this year. So, no Fireworks but, they should have a showing of World of Color.

"Being a princess means so much more than wearing a tiara and a pretty dress" - Cinderellabration
Leftcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote