home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-13-2018, 03:10 PM   #1
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

Default "On second thought, let's not go to Camelot..."

"It is a silly place." -King Arthur Monty Python and the Holy Grail 1975

I was going to wait until exactly two weeks out, but with the arrival of my MagicBand today and the promise of a full schedule prior to departure, here is the pre-trip report for Spring Break with DH.

Cast of Characters: Me (41) & DH (42)

Digs for the Trip: Off-site at Bonnet Creek & On-site at Coronado Springs

The Plan: We will be there for a total of 9 nights and hold APs at both Disney and Universal.

Disney:

Right now I have 7 days of FP+ scheduled with two days at MK, Epcot, and HS. We have one day at AK with the golden FOP FP+. With the way that we travel, I expect some of these (except AK) may be moved around a bit. In fact, we are thinking up some fun ways to add adventure to the trip that may necessitate flexibility beyond our normal limits. For instance, I hope we can use a day to see how many rides we can ride with FP+. Obviously this will involve riding whatever is open next and could prove to be very fun. There may be some park hopping involved as well. We have ADRs at multiple restaurants, and the hope is to try out some new ones. We have Sanaa, The Edison, and Easter brunch at the Wave booked with Nomad (Tiffin’s lounge), BaseLine Tap House, Skipper Canteen, and Geyser Point on the radar. We plan on circling Flower and Garden booths as well. Splitting some meals and trying new drinks will be the plan for the week.

Universal:

I had planned on buying express passes for one day for the two of us because booking hotels on-site for the perk during spring break is twice as expensive as most of the rest of the year. However, by the time I went to purchase, the price had risen to almost the cost of the hotel room…so we will make do with our APs with the after 4pm passes we get. It may make the ride on Hogwarts Express a bit more strategic, but we will be fine. This means that there will be no early morning hours, and we will fill in some afternoons with Universal instead. Thankfully, unlike in January, the parks are open until 10pm, so we will get a good six hours in before closing. I made a dining reservation at Finnegan’s for one afternoon because we have never eaten there.

Extra Magic: Right now I have the Fantasmic Dessert package booked because we have never seen the show in all of our trips. I did not really want to commit to another full blown meal package, so I figure a beverage and box of treats with preferred seating sounds good. We also plan on booking the Undiscovered Future World tour if they have openings. I am working through the schedule to find a good morning for it. Honestly, I loved the World Showcase tour so much, I wouldn’t mind doing it again. The last couple of extras are on the drawing board as possibilities: a waterpark and mini-golf. When I saw the price of express passes, I thought maybe we would do a waterpark one day instead, and we’ve always said we would go mini-golfing.

It sure looks like a lot, but I see it as an outline. Obviously we will take it as we go. I do not plan on cooking. I do plan on eating and drinking. I also plan on enjoying the sun and heat (my kids are at this moment jumping on a trampoline in what the weather people have called snow squalls). I hope we have a better stay at Bonnet Creek, and I look forward to trying out Coronado Springs, construction and all. DH has missed three trips over the past nine months, so the goal is to let loose and have fun without the kiddos. Trip Report to come…

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:53 PM   #2
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks again for taking us along. Looking forward to it immensely !!!

I love the idea of a challenge, like you mentioned, seeing how many FP+ you can get in one day.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:13 PM   #3
Sephorin
Two Bedroom

I am looking forward to reading more!
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:26 PM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Looking forward to hearing all about it! Enjoy.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote