home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-07-2018, 07:50 PM   #31
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

New category
Pluto = resale buyer who needs to purchase 75 direct to become a Mickey??
Old 03-12-2018, 06:21 PM   #32
kmm227
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

If it makes you guys feel any better I just joined and read this entire post. This is going to be my families first trip to Disney. We are looking to rent the DVC for what looks like a better experience. We are planning much further out. 12/1/18 to be exact but I see I still have much reading up to do. I did post in the rental wanted but I am trying to ready up on everything first.

Thanks again
kmm227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:57 PM   #33
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmm227 View Post
If it makes you guys feel any better I just joined and read this entire post. This is going to be my families first trip to Disney. We are looking to rent the DVC for what looks like a better experience. We are planning much further out. 12/1/18 to be exact but I see I still have much reading up to do. I did post in the rental wanted but I am trying to ready up on everything first.

Thanks again
Welcome . Good luck finding the room you want . Renting as early as possible gives you the best availability .

Read all the stickies . They have a lot of information that will help in renting .
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:58 PM   #34
taccol
Two Bedroom

Quote:

Thanks again
Doing your research is good...but please know that Mouseowners is well administered. Read the stickies, and do your due diligence. Scams from active Mouseowner members are non-existent in my years of being a part of this community. They'd easily be identified.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:39 PM   #35
Tessa
Two Bedroom

Quote:

Thanks again
Welcome to MO! This place is great, as you will find out. By the way, DVC owners can currently book through Feb 2019 at their home resorts. So, your Dec trip can be booked now by an owner. Good luck!
Old 03-12-2018, 10:47 PM   #36
kmm227

thanks for the welcome. You have all been awesome so far. I have received several PM's for the room and a few just of people looking to say hi and answer any questions I may have.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:41 AM   #37
TLCP

I always recommend making sure that you get some reference information from your seller. When I rent points, I provide a link to the recording information to prove to renters that I am the original owner of the points. I also give them access to my business website. I've found that if someone is not legit you'll get a wierd response when you ask for some verification.

I also find it normal to be making full payment soon after the reservation because the value of the points to the owner decreases as time goes by. It becomes more difficult to rent as room availability diminshes and ultimately can become worthless if it's too close to their expiration dates with no rooms to provide.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:04 PM   #38
kmm227

Thanks for all of the good info. It is much appreciated. I need to get into some of the other areas of this community as well to see any tips and things like that. I have a special needs daughter so I am going to be looking for things that will help me with that.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:35 PM   #39
kanda6421

Default Renter with questions

Hello. I posted yesterday about the Hotmail question. I have rented many times in the past from MO. I currently have a confirmed reservation from an owner. It is linked to my MDE app. I have not paid and he is wanting a payment today. I just have a few reservations about the owner # 1 bc their account was just made 3/11/2018. Is it possible to ask questions here and get feedback about this particular owner? I don't want to break and rules.
kanda6421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:51 PM   #40
TLCP

When I first bought into DVC I had tons of banked points on my purchase so I immediately went to rent out a few. So although it is more prudent to have someone with lots of activity on the board, it doesn't necessarily mean they're trying to scam you. However, they should be willing to provide substantial proof that they are legit. With new users, even with my renters, I call them on the phone to discuss their options. I can get a good feel as to whether they're legit or not. Those not willing to talk with me tend to quickly disappear into the night. It sounds like the reservation is already made as you indicated it's linked to your MDE account. Thus, it would make sense that they are now demanding payment, but what was agreed in writing in your contract you signed? ...you did sign a contract didn't you? ...all part of due diligence!