home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Site / Forum News and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-01-2018, 08:28 AM   #71
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
Tom has 3, no 4, hands; Erik isn't Erik; and helenabear is neither a Helena nor a bear. I knew the Helena thing, but not being a bear is a complete shock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Super simple. I've been a nurse for 20+ years, most of it in the emergency department. I don't do FB or any other sort of social media, and I needed a username that I could remember. ER + Mindy = Ermindy. .
Well that's kind of good actually! Mine comes from the 90s when the internet was taking off. I didn't want strangers to know my real first name, so I chose to use my confirmation name Helena to give out. I used Helena with Spanish speakers as it was (that's the spelling in Spain in many cases instead of Elena) so I was used to it.

I had a nickname of Elaine Bear from high school in part because I collected bears and in part because I reminded my boyfriend of a cat with my eyes and other little things. He happened to have a cat named Sue Bear so Elaine Bear stuck. I just meshed the two when creating a username and 20+ years later helenabear has stuck.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:55 AM   #72
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac0712 View Post
OS has setup a paywall that restricts non-subscribers to seeing only a few free articles per month, so they (along with other sites who have put up paywalls in the past few years) want everyone to have to click through their sites. Not a judgment on the practice, just an explanation of why they consider it especially important to want people to have to click through to their own site.

OS is stupid.. As are all the other papers failing financially who think this type of response will win. What they need is increased readership and use that to sale ads...which is how they really make money.

Clicks would increase if it was free. What part of Google Ad revenue model do they not understand???

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:15 AM   #73
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Transit View Post
Kim,
Did Mr. Brinkmann’s email come from his @OrlandoSentinal.com address, or was it his personal email address?
Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Can’t tell. It came through the “Contact Us” form. The IP address was 216.64.41.130, which, while not allocated to OS, is an IP address located in Orlando. So, he could have been doing some stuff from home.
I'm wondering if it's just someone "name-dropping" to be an a** and not really who s/he claims to be.
I agree with the others: any "official" cease and desist would come from the OS legal department; not directly from a reporter.

You've got a great plan in place though.

and MNSSHP!

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:21 AM   #74
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Seems weird for a writer to send that. I agree - in a snit, messing with MO or something but oh well. Whatever they report on Disney ends up being reported by others. Easy to follow. No more OS.
Yep. Anything I come across in any feeds that link to OS, I'll simply find a different source (usually Disney's own website) and just link to it instead. The internet is fun.

Dirk
Old 03-01-2018, 10:48 AM   #75
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Wow - 8 pages of impressive thread-drift to and from the point - all started by some person who doesn't want his story read! Seriously, like others I don't fully understand why he was so snarky about it (same issue could have been raised much more kindly), but your solution sounds reasonable.

For fun, I think we should start a new sticky where we track down every article we can find from the OS, link them, and create a 2-3 sentence summary that is completely inaccurate! Then we send him the link and ask if he likes that better!

"Orlando Sentinel confirms that Walt Disney was actually an alien!" Read the story by...

Old 03-01-2018, 11:51 AM   #76
Ransom
Grand Villa

Quote:
My first name actually is "administrator." Okay, I'll come clean: it's only my middle name.
Aha, so now we know your full name: Kim Administrator Personality
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:41 PM   #77
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Super simple. I've been a nurse for 20+ years, most of it in the emergency department. I don't do FB or any other sort of social media, and I needed a username that I could remember. ER + Mindy = Ermindy. .
I always read it as "uhrr-mindy." I just thought maybe you weren't sure of your name.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:11 PM   #78
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
I always read it as "uhrr-mindy." I just thought maybe you weren't sure of your name.
Nope. Pretty much always know who I am now. When I was working nights in three different hospitals, I would keep extra scrubs in my car just in case I forgot which one I was working at that day. Definitely had a multiple personality disorder back then!
Old 03-01-2018, 01:23 PM   #79
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
My first name actually is "administrator." Okay, I'll come clean: it's only my middle name.

See, this is why I never became a parent: I would have administered (see what I did there?) exactly that kind of punishment. Everyone would have been in therapy for years....

"Ms. Personality Administrator" is exactly what I see as your username. And, if this guy wants to be a jerk, I'd help him out!
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote