home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-11-2018, 12:25 PM   #171
bakmart112
SCUMSUCKING SCAMMER!!!!

So sorry this happened to you barb.
bakmart112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:41 PM   #172
parlay
Studio

Thank you for sharing the experience and reminding us all to do our due diligence.

My positive memory was having a renter share via email a few pictures from her trip. She had been going through a difficult time in her marriage and was taking a mom and son trip. The joy on both of their faces was priceless. I was glad to be sharing some magic.
parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:00 AM   #173
Disney dreaming
Two Bedroom

Yes I am so glad Barb posted this. I still am shocked this happened. I mean I know it does but I never saw it on Mouseowners.
Disney dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:05 AM   #174
Disney dreaming
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
i have not and don't intend to...waste of time. everyone should just be very careful, read the stickies, listen to their gut, NEVER reply to anyone directly via email that comes via mo (i have since removed that option here on mo...only get pm's), learn from my big mistakes here, consider a booking deposit via paypal initially...i did this two times with recent rentals and a third with a huge transfer (first sent $50 via paypal, then with additional communication, he was ready to wire the balance...and then i did the transfer). it works to establish credibility on both sides.

this whole thing has been the final nail in the coffin for my renting and i am liquidating most of my many points and at this time have zero current (2018) points to rent (first time in over 10 years).
Wow all points for 2018 good for you.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:18 AM   #175
Disney dreaming
Two Bedroom

Wow I read the Tug scams boy this has me worried. I rent my points to pay my dues and keep the rest myself. I get many rerenters which I am thankful for.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #176
FCivish3
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney dreaming View Post
Wow I read the Tug scams boy this has me worried. I rent my points to pay my dues and keep the rest myself. I get many rerenters which I am thankful for.
Keep in mind, scams like this are, far and away, the exception, not the rule. If these happened one time in a thousand, it would be too often. But it certainly happens much less than that. Otherwise, I honestly think the system would break down and that would be that.

Poly, AKL, BLT
FCivish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:25 PM   #177
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Default Beware

Scammer is still active doing his day time job scamming people. Take all precautions and stay away from this guy.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:55 AM   #178
Beth33
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Thanks for sharing your experiences, DVCERSINCEDAY1. It's really helpful to understand how things can go wrong for either party at different points in the transaction. By sharing, you're helping the rest of us to learn. That being said, I'm sorry that you went through all this to begin with. It's terrible that someone took advantage of you like that.
Beth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:43 PM   #179
knardulli
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

SO GRATEFUL FOR THIS BOARD! I was contacted by the same person. The referal names were different but all of the other info was the same. Luckily I did not provide my email address or even my name to this person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2K66 View Post
I received this same list of referrals. I even contacted Fedaisha and got a positive review.

We've rented one other time, from somebody on this board, and made sure to have a phone conversation with them to at least confirm identity. That time went off without a hitch.

I'm glad I saw this thread before we went any further!
knardulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 01:50 PM   #180
mark0157
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
I always have a three way call with member services to validate points and that they can be transferred. I could always do this for a rental if needed. That is all the verification someone would need.
The 3-way call is how I always complete transfers as well...but I've read some say to never to that...why not???

Isn't that the only was to confirm the parties are who they say they are and complete the transaction?

I'd be curious how others proceed with a transfer?
mark0157 is online now   Reply With Quote