home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 10:00 PM   #1
Stuart Song
One Bedroom

Default Scam alert

Just received an email from unknown person willing to a transfer for HHI points. I contacted them back through the email address provided in the email. Something did not sound right, so I asked them to call me. Instead of calling me, they sent me a text with a number to call. It was one of those Google numbers with a Phoenix area code. When I asked the person where is Phoenix they are located, they got very aggressive and asked why I wanted to know. I told them that I lived in the area, so I was trying to be friendly. They would not provide any information and tried to avoid the question.

I told the person that I wanted to a 3-way call with DVC to confirm that the points were eligible for transfer. One thing they mentioned that concerned me was the July use year for HHI. I maybe wrong, but I did not remember any July use years for HHI. Just to be sure, I wanted to check with DVC with this owner. Once we got on the 3-way call, the person disconnected. I tried to call them back, but the number was no longer available to connect.

I'm glad I follow my gut instinct.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:10 PM   #2
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Did you actually speak with them? It sounds that way, because you got on a 3-way call with DVC?

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

Old 09-10-2018, 10:14 PM   #3
Stuart Song
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
Did you actually speak with them? It sounds that way, because you got on a 3-way call with DVC?
Yes, they gave me a 480 area code. They got off the phone call as soon as we got on the call with a CM.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:28 PM   #4
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

I disabled the ability for anyone to email through MouseOwners. After the problems that a different DVC owner had earlier in the year, I recently got an unsolicited email related to a rental I had discussed with someone on the R/T/T board. I did not respond to their email and decided if they really wanted to discuss it with me they can either PM me or post back on the thread. Never heard from them again.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

Closed Thread