home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-29-2017, 04:52 PM   #41
busters_eyes
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by agupta View Post
Hi, I am a new DVC member. I have excess points though and would like to rent them out. How risky is it? My points expire in March. Is this a problem given the short duration?

Try to plan ahead next time. If you're not planning on using all of them you could either rent them or bank them for future use. Hope you're not talking too many points.

Last trip May 2018 WL
October 2017 GF, WL and BWV
December 2016 BLT, WL & BWV
June 2015 Port Orleans French Quarter
December 2013 SSR & BLT
Prior to 2013 at least 32X since 1972 (CRT, the old Disney Vacation Villas, CBR, OKW, BWV & BCV)

Last edited by busters_eyes; 01-29-2017 at 04:53 PM. Reason: text
busters_eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:44 PM   #42
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by agupta View Post
Hi, I am a new DVC member. I have excess points though and would like to rent them out. How risky is it? My points expire in March. Is this a problem given the short duration?
How many points are you looking at?

In DVC language you have on your hands "distressed" points. Points that are going to expire very soon.

You probably could rent them on the Rent/Trade/Transfer board if you focused on working the "wanted reservations" -- there are always people looking for last minute rooms, but you may not be able to fill them so close to your expiration due to low availability in the network. I would work to rent them at $8.50pp.

If you can't rent them, IMO I think you're next best bet would be to put the points into RCI. This will buy you time to use them because they won't expire once you place them into RCI [I think] for two years. From there you can make alternate plans to travel in the RCI network. Give DVC a call, they can help you evaluate if RCI can work for you.

Good luck!

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:51 PM   #43
renee244
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Is FaceBook or Instagram a viable option?

I have never rented my points out before but I have 3 trips I have to sell for this upcoming fall and decided I would try it out. Has anyone ever advertised their available trips on their FaceBook or Instagram page before? My husband and I have alot of friends and thought that might work because that may give a potential purchaser a feeling of security since we never rented out before. Thanks very much.
renee244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:45 PM   #44
Disney dreaming
Two Bedroom

Yes I have on FB rented maybe once or twice,really don't want to rent to friends since I don't give refunds.I allow 1 change but don't guarantee anything as far as resort and nights.
Disney dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:21 PM   #45
tahoe9813
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Example Rental Contract

We may rent out our points next year. Does anyone have a sample rental contract they've utilized?

Thanks,
Ben
tahoe9813 is offline   Reply With Quote