home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-10-2018, 09:57 AM   #1
poster44
One Bedroom

Default Moonlight Magic-Epcot-What Attractions?

Going to the Epcot event on August 15 and wondered what attractions would be available. Everything? We are only at WDW three days and we aren't going to the parks (doing DS and pool time), except for the MM event. Thought we would go at 7 and do a few of the "no line" attractions before the event started at 9:30. However, if some attractions are going to be unavailable, might change our plan. Hoping to hear from some July event attendees. Thanks!
poster44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:09 AM   #2
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Details available here: https://www.kennythepirate.com/2018/...event-details/

JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:12 AM   #3
Lolaura84
Studio

I went to the July event. Not attraction related, but if you are staying at one of the Epcot resorts learn from my mistake - the World showcase is closed past Norway. I was staying at Beach Club and tried to stroller push a sleeping child back to the room, only to have to turn around at Norway and go back the other way to get to the IG.
Lolaura84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #4
DisneyPhD
One Bedroom

Attractions:
Spaceship Earth
Mission Space Green and Orange
Test Track
The Seas with Nemo (Turtle Talk NOT open)
Soarin'
Living with the Land
Journey into imagination
Image works
Pixar short film festival
Grand Fiesta Tour
Frozen ever after.

Dining:
Electric Umbrella
Sunshine Seasons

If you want to do anything including shopping or eating in any of World Showcase, you should do that before 9pm.

Character lines were pretty long as the night went on so the earlier the better for those. They started around 9:30pm
Old 08-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #5
poster44
One Bedroom

Thanks for all the great information, including the link. We will be at the Beach Club, so especially appreciate the info on the IG. Still can't bl that DVC is providing a meal voucher. Looking forward to eating before waiting to ride Soarin'.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:13 PM   #6
stellabutterman
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPhD View Post
Attractions:
Spaceship Earth
Mission Space Green and Orange
Test Track
The Seas with Nemo (Turtle Talk NOT open)
Soarin'
Living with the Land
Journey into imagination
Image works
Pixar short film festival
Grand Fiesta Tour
Frozen ever after.

Dining:
Electric Umbrella
Sunshine Seasons

If you want to do anything including shopping or eating in any of World Showcase, you should do that before 9pm.

Character lines were pretty long as the night went on so the earlier the better for those. They started around 9:30pm
I agree. Lines were long for merchandise. Also do not make our mistake of watching Illuminations at 9 at the far end of the world showcase near Japan. By the time we got to the rides, Soarin', Test Track, and FEA had really long lines.

We enjoyed the Typhoon Lagoon event last year much more.
stellabutterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:40 PM   #7
poster44
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellabutterman View Post
I agree. Lines were long for merchandise. Also do not make our mistake of watching Illuminations at 9 at the far end of the world showcase near Japan. By the time we got to the rides, Soarin', Test Track, and FEA had really long lines.

Thanks for the tip. I think we will probably go around 7, via the boat from Beach Club, and then head to the Sunshine Seasons to eat and do Future World attractions first.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:23 AM   #8
ustasmom
One Bedroom

Does anyone have any extra wristbands? I need 2.
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:44 AM   #9
JaneBanks
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolaura84 View Post
I went to the July event. Not attraction related, but if you are staying at one of the Epcot resorts learn from my mistake - the World showcase is closed past Norway. I was staying at Beach Club and tried to stroller push a sleeping child back to the room, only to have to turn around at Norway and go back the other way to get to the IG.
We did the same thing.
JaneBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:49 AM   #10
JaneBanks
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellabutterman View Post

We enjoyed the Typhoon Lagoon one more also.

The dance party was a lot of fun, and we thought the DJ did a good job getting people involved in the dancing.
Character lines get very long, so if meeting a certain character is a must do, line up at that spot before the event kicks off.
We were lined up to meet Edna Mode by 9pm and were done around 10pm. The line when we left that area looked to be about two hours long.
JaneBanks is offline   Reply With Quote