home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-10-2018, 03:43 PM   #111
GrumpyInPhilly
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofish7490 View Post
At $200 per point, Disney is pricing the average middle class family out of the market. If we had to pay even $150 per point at the time we bought, we would not be DVC members today. The current price per point is insane in my opinion.
Nice first post. I agree.
GrumpyInPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:01 PM   #112
Fiveresorts
One Bedroom

We are planning on buying 100-150 points at Riviera but I see I could add another 150 points points at BLT for "only" $145 per point. Which is crazy considering we only paid $91pp 5 years ago. Now the $145 looks like a steal.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:44 PM   #113
Lucky214
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveresorts View Post
We are planning on buying 100-150 points at Riviera but I see I could add another 150 points points at BLT for "only" $145 per point. Which is crazy considering we only paid $91pp 5 years ago. Now the $145 looks like a steal.
When we bought our points at AKL two years ago at $80pp we spent roughly half of what direct points were going for. Resale for AKL is now at $105-115. We too are now looking to get 100-150 points at Riviera. I am just mentally preparing myself for the worst. Plus when I look at what Beach Club and Boardwalk are going for right now $200pp for a new resort doesn't sound too bad.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:31 PM   #114
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky214 View Post
When we bought our points at AKL two years ago at $80pp we spent roughly half of what direct points were going for. Resale for AKL is now at $105-115. We too are now looking to get 100-150 points at Riviera. I am just mentally preparing myself for the worst. Plus when I look at what Beach Club and Boardwalk are going for right now $200pp for a new resort doesn't sound too bad.
It all depends on the economy. If the economy goes south, the direct sale price will also go south. While Disney will not want to drop their price, they will do it in such a way as to offer incentives so that the incentive price becomes very reasonable. I just can't see it being that high...
Yes CCV was higher priced, but the point chart is reasonable, which is why we purchased there, still considering another 50 there, but with 225 at GF not sure if we want more on the MK side although I think CCV will be a good non-theme park stay
Old 08-11-2018, 01:47 PM   #115
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
It all depends on the economy. If the economy goes south, the direct sale price will also go south. While Disney will not want to drop their price, they will do it in such a way as to offer incentives so that the incentive price becomes very reasonable. I just can't see it being that high...
Yes CCV was higher priced, but the point chart is reasonable, which is why we purchased there, still considering another 50 there, but with 225 at GF not sure if we want more on the MK side although I think CCV will be a good non-theme park stay
I am not sure it becomes "very reasonable" just "slightly more reasonable" I don't see them dropping or adding incentives to make it more affordable.

I have to agree around $200/point seems reasonable to start with. Of course that's not knowing the point chart.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:29 PM   #116
hilaw
Grand Villa

Lower point chart and higher prices vs. lower prices and higher point chart.
Depending on how the marketer wants the perception to appear, the "price" can be the same.
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote