home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-28-2019, 04:39 PM   #1
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Default Southwest 737 Max Update

I was just wondering what the status was of the 737 Max for Southwest, as we have flights coming up in November and January, and thought that others here might want to know too. This is what their current update says...

We previously revised our flight schedule by removing the MAX through Nov. 2 to offer reliability to our operation and stability for our Customers. With the timing of the MAX’s return-to-service still uncertain, we are extending the MAX-related flight schedule adjustments through Jan. 5, 2020.
capeokw56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 05:04 PM   #2
Syndrome
Grand Villa

Thanks for the info .

One of the legs on our trip using Southwest in late January has a Max8 listed . Not real thrilled about it , but I figure Boeing will be doing extensive updates and tests before they will be re-released back into public service . Last thing they need or want is more bad PR !

Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 05:56 PM   #3
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Thanks for the info .

One of the legs on our trip using Southwest in late January has a Max8 listed . Not real thrilled about it , but I figure Boeing will be doing extensive updates and tests before they will be re-released back into public service . Last thing they need or want is more bad PR !
I sure hope that you're right! Our flight to MCO on Jan 7th is a Max8 and I'm not real happy about it.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:08 PM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Yep, they already cancelled my January 1 flight, fortunately I noticed early and booked a later time without issue.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 11:11 PM   #5
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Where can I find what types of planes are planned to be used for my upcoming Southwest flights? I tried on both the app and the full website and don’t see anything listed with my reservation information.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:41 AM   #6
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
Where can I find what types of planes are planned to be used for my upcoming Southwest flights? I tried on both the app and the full website and don’t see anything listed with my reservation information.
Search the days of your flights as if you were looking to buy airfare. When the list of flights comes up look at your flight time and the flight number will be listed next to it and will be in blue. Click on the flight number and all the information will come up including the type of plane.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:47 PM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Yep, they already cancelled my January 1 flight, fortunately I noticed early and booked a later time without issue.
Glad you got that rescheduled. Though I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t mind being “stuck” at WDW for an extra day...or two...
Old 09-29-2019, 01:55 PM   #8
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Glad you got that rescheduled. Though I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t mind being “stuck” at WDW for an extra day...or two...

Me, not at all. Work on the other hand...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:44 PM   #9
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
I sure hope that you're right! Our flight to MCO on Jan 7th is a Max8 and I'm not real happy about it.
Are you sure you want to take that chance? Have you looked at alternate flights?
Old 09-29-2019, 02:01 PM   #10
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Are you sure you want to take that chance? Have you looked at alternate flights?
I hadn't really thought about that but it's a good idea. I really don't want to fly on a Max.