home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tips and Tricks for First-Timers and Fanatics
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-26-2018, 11:18 AM   #1
ResalesDVC
TRUSTED BOARD SPONSOR!!

Default How to Have a "No-Park-Day" at Animal Kingdom Lodge with Kids

Many features set Walt Disney World resorts apart from other hotels, such as elaborate theming, impeccable guest service, and extensive daily resort activities. And while every resort at Disney World offers activities, wed argue that Animal Kingdom Lodge offers the widest array of resort activities and the best options for kids. Check out Leah's review here: https://www.resalesdvc.com/resort-ac...kingdom-lodge/

Do you agree? Are the activities at Animal Kingdom Lodge the best on property?
Kristen Tutas, Lic. Sales Associate
Rachel Thompson, Lic. Broker Associate
Meet Our Team

ResalesDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:59 PM   #2
Scubagirl93
Studio

Thanks for posting this! We are staying at AKV for the first time this summer and have planned a stay at the resort day. It looks like there will be plenty of great things to keep us busy!
Scubagirl93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:37 PM   #3
Cjkmiller
One Bedroom

We are staying 2 nights at the lodge in may before a cruise, thank you for this!!
Cjkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #4
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

I've always maintained that AKL was the BEST by far for a non-park stay. With their many activities, both for children and adults, and the animals to watch any time, you'll never be bored.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:59 PM   #5
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Thanks for this article. This is my main reason for booking AKL for May, to appreciate all the resort has to offer. Kids are getting older, and hopefully will still want to do some of these activities this trip.

I definitely want to do the culinary tour of Boma/Jiko. I sure hope we can convince DH to work it into the schedule. He's a park commando,

Also looking forward to some pool time

Thanks again!
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:28 PM   #6
Nickys
Grand Villa

My plan for our first trip without the "kids" is to have 3 or 4 days at AKL or Kidani, just for some resort time here. We may visit AK but really just to chill.

The art work on the walls and along the halls is incredible, and there's a tour that takes you round some of it at Jambo. The CMs throughout the resort are great to talk to about the animals and their home countries, as well as their experience at WDW.

The drumming in the evening at Jambo is great fun to watch. We were in Victoria Falls and watched as the parade came down, and it wasn't just kids!

And the community hall at Kidani is great for the movie nights which were on every night for our stay. Free popcorn and some comfy seats and cushions to just lie on and watch. I saw families and couples there plus some older kids and teens there on their own.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:46 PM   #7
ajc
Grand Villa

My husband and I had a great time earning our explorer bead for the flamingo talk poolside at Jambo House (yes, the event is structured for kids but what are we when at WDW? (...that is a rhetorical question)
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:35 PM   #8
DTGio
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Thank you for sharing this! I have always wanted to stay at AKL but have gotten some resistance from the family (they prefer BLT)! I am definitely going to share this info!
DTGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:53 PM   #9
nicsmom
Grand Villa

I find AKL to be very relaxing. There are many quiet nooks for animal viewing and unwinding. I try to get at least one night here each visit!
nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:37 AM   #10
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Are these activities open to resort guests staying at other resorts?