home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Non-Disney Accommodations in Orlando
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-27-2020, 12:18 PM   #31
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
The new Park hours really alters how we "do" Disney. In the past, we tend to be rope drop people and head back to the room by noon for naps, then head back out around 5pm to finish off our day. Now, with the shorten parks hours (late opening, early close) and no park hopping, our routine is severely disrupted. For example, DHS opens at 10am, we find that at 2pm we are still there and if we go back to the room, by the time we would take a nap and wake, its not worth going back to a park. So we tend to just stay longer. There are no more back and forth to the parks for us. Also, in the two trips we have taken, we spend a lot more time at the pools then ever before. This is not a complaint, just a change of how we stay at WDW.
yeah, this is what I"m thinking will happen to us.....we'll see how it all works out. DOnt' usually have a lot of pool time scheduled, but maybe more this go round. If it's easy to get back to a park, with at least 1 1/2 hrs, we might do that. We've had luck in the past at HS getting multiple rides on ToT etc. in the last hour, but who knows now.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:21 PM   #32
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Good to read this thread. I'm considering a stay in the one in Pigeon Forge, when we decide to head that way/ do Dollywood again.
I know it's a whole different property, but I didn't know much about the resort, so hopefully the one in PF is good too. If anyone has stayed there, please share.

If we ever get to Orlando for a non DVC stay, may look into this. We tend to only stay onsite at Universal when we do that park, but we're often looking to find a good place at beginning/end of trips.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote