home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-20-2019, 04:26 PM   #111
TeensyObsession
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
Tiki Room should be next

The Tiki Room replaced with a Moana singalong
I am probably in the minority of people who LOVE the Tiki Room with all my heart. It's never jam packed but does have a nice and steady flow of visitors, offers a nostalgic and entertaining animatronic show, has a catchy theme song, and is dark and air conditioned - a wonderful oasis with a reliably kitschy theme. Something about those singing birds and chanting totems just soothes my weary soul. It's not fancy, it's not flashy, it's not adrenaline pumping, and it never tries to be more than it is - wonderfully classic 60's/70's kitsch.

This might also explain why I am such a huge fan of the Poly, though I think it's recently gotten too big for its britches.

I fully support a Moana themed attraction and ride somewhere else, though. I personally can't stand Lilo & Stitch and would be in favor of replacing them with Moana at the Poly.

But for all that is holy, please leave my Tiki Room alone!!
TeensyObsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:28 PM   #112
raymond70
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
It had some of that - I need to get back to Universal Hollywood and see if any of it is left. I know that most has been removed at Orlando but that park doesn't date back as far as Hollywood where you parted the Red Sea, drove past Bates House and almost got eaten by Jaws. Add in Frankenstein and Dracula walking around and it was good old movie fun. In Orlando ET is a nostalgic attraction for me there. Jurassic park kind of fits that bill too although they have the new movies now.
That sounds great. I do love the old horror classics. Have only been to Universal Florida.
raymond70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:58 PM   #113
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

The Disney Parks Blog has also shot down this rumor:
Thanks for “bearing” with us this week. With all of the news we’ve shared, we “fur-got” to mention our friends over at the Country Bears. Our Imagineers are always looking at ways to bring more magic to our guests through experiences and stories they know, but contrary to rumors, Country Bear Jamboree is not going into hibernation any time soon. In fact, we’re looking forward to celebrating its 50th anniversary on Oct. 1, 2021, with Henry, the Five Bear Rugs and the rest of the gang. Until then, “we hope that you’ll be comin’ back again; that you’ll drop in and see us now and then.”

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...country-bears/
Old 06-28-2019, 04:14 PM   #114
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeensyObsession View Post
I am probably in the minority of people who LOVE the Tiki Room with all my heart. It's never jam packed but does have a nice and steady flow of visitors, offers a nostalgic and entertaining animatronic show, has a catchy theme song, and is dark and air conditioned - a wonderful oasis with a reliably kitschy theme. Something about those singing birds and chanting totems just soothes my weary soul. It's not fancy, it's not flashy, it's not adrenaline pumping, and it never tries to be more than it is - wonderfully classic 60's/70's kitsch.

This might also explain why I am such a huge fan of the Poly, though I think it's recently gotten too big for its britches.

I fully support a Moana themed attraction and ride somewhere else, though. I personally can't stand Lilo & Stitch and would be in favor of replacing them with Moana at the Poly.

But for all that is holy, please leave my Tiki Room alone!!
apparently the sarcasm didn't come through

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
3 Nights Only* Thinly Veiled Excuse* Surf and Turf* Once Upon a Fantasy* NYE 17-18* The Fall of Disney 17* Tale of Two Views 17* Back in the S.S.R. 17* Uni Hard Rock-MNSSHP-HHN 16* Spring Surprise 16* NYE in the World 15-16

Coming up...
7/2019 BWV Merica's Birthday *9/2019 BCV Beer & Wine Festival *10/2019 POP!*12/2019 VGC* 3/2020 RCCL So Carib AoS *4/2020 Spring Break BWV*11/2020 Fantasy Xmas 2xCC

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:14 PM   #115
mcbuckeye
Two Bedroom

I had fond memories of Country Bear Jamboree from when I first went to WDW as a kid in the '70s.

Forced my wife and kids to go with me a few years ago and it was painful. I wanted them to like it but they hated it. So cheesy, dated, and just bad. I was embarrassed to even have suggested it.

Still have good memories from my early visits. But probably won't go again.
mcbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 05:48 PM   #116
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbuckeye View Post
I had fond memories of Country Bear Jamboree from when I first went to WDW as a kid in the '70s.

Forced my wife and kids to go with me a few years ago and it was painful. I wanted them to like it but they hated it. So cheesy, dated, and just bad. I was embarrassed to even have suggested it.

Still have good memories from my early visits. But probably won't go again.
they will get over it.
Take them again since they know what it is about now.
That way when we are pushing up daisies they will have fond memories of visiting it with the "old man" and a good laugh about how cheesy it was...

from a former Jersey resident (I'm an educated hillbilly who married a Jersey Boy and had 2 Jersey girls)
what exit?
we were at:
GSP=98
NJTP= 7A
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:05 PM   #117
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
The Disney Parks Blog has also shot down this rumor:
Thanks for “bearing” with us this week. With all of the news we’ve shared, we “fur-got” to mention our friends over at the Country Bears. Our Imagineers are always looking at ways to bring more magic to our guests through experiences and stories they know, but contrary to rumors, Country Bear Jamboree is not going into hibernation any time soon. In fact, we’re looking forward to celebrating its 50th anniversary on Oct. 1, 2021, with Henry, the Five Bear Rugs and the rest of the gang. Until then, “we hope that you’ll be comin’ back again; that you’ll drop in and see us now and then.”

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...country-bears/
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!