home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-10-2019, 10:02 AM   #31
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
We did a lot in 7 hours.....We only hit three parks, skipping Epcot, but rode 5-6 rides per park, had lunch and the 7 hours included two stops to pickup and drop off at our resorts. We could have saved a time by meeting in the Park and leaving on our own to get back to the hotels. The tour is not rushed, you are not running ride to ride. You bypass the main entrance and security, at AK the van will drive from back of attraction to back of attraction, same for Epcot. RnR coaster was a literal walk-on and got to sit in the front.

Bottom line, it was a blast and we would do it again.
You make this sound quite excellent. Some questions:
  • How large can the group be?
  • Of you don't have more than two, but don't quite want to pay 4 large, will they put folks in a group, or it completely on your own to compose?

Cheers.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:09 AM   #32
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
You make this sound quite excellent. Some questions:
  • How large can the group be?
  • Of you don't have more than two, but don't quite want to pay 4 large, will they put folks in a group, or it completely on your own to compose?

Cheers.

Max VIP tour size is 10 people. They do not combine groups or add others to your group.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:17 AM   #33
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Max VIP tour size is 10 people. They do not combine groups or add others to your group.
Excellent, thanks. So the formation of a MO group (as done here) seems a great idea.

May have to do that in the future.

Cheers.
Old 08-10-2019, 01:54 PM   #34
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Excellent, thanks. So the formation of a MO group (as done here) seems a great idea.

May have to do that in the future.

Cheers.
It is only a good idea if you all agree on how the tour is to be used. Otherwise better to be on your own. They follow your lead.

Last edited by helenabear; 08-11-2019 at 08:23 AM.
helenabear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:13 AM   #35
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
It is inky a good idea if you all agree on how the tour is to be used. Otherwise better to be on your own. They follow your lead.
Yeah, getting 10 strangers to agree to the same time and same agenda could be a challenge! It can work, but requires clear communication and agreement on attraction goals upfront. And agreed upon meal options, beverage/rest breaks, etc.

Honestly, though, even at $365 per person or whatever it drops down to, it just isn't worth it to me because I keep coming back. I'll pay $50 - $100 for upcharge FP options, but I'm not going to pay $365 to have 7 hours of painless touring with 10 strangers, no matter how nice they may be!

I might pay $365 to be left alone . . .

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:03 AM   #36
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Yeah, getting 10 strangers to agree to the same time and same agenda could be a challenge! It can work, but requires clear communication and agreement on attraction goals upfront. And agreed upon meal options, beverage/rest breaks, etc.

Honestly, though, even at $365 per person or whatever it drops down to, it just isn't worth it to me because I keep coming back. I'll pay $50 - $100 for upcharge FP options, but I'm not going to pay $365 to have 7 hours of painless touring with 10 strangers, no matter how nice they may be!

I might pay $365 to be left alone . . .

Dirk
Very good point helenabear about the agreement thing. With likely 4-5 separate groups comprising the bunch, it's less likely. Also, the reality is that a group larger than about 4 is really not something we like to hang with anyway, so this would not work.

But 4 large is most of 2 business class tickets from California to Europe, and I know which of those I want to spend on

Cheers.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:44 AM   #37
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

They do offer an "ultimate" series of tours where they have preset list of attraction and dinning stops, on those tours they fill slots so you don't have to have a minimum number. As of now I have't heard if they would include any of the Star Wars attractions.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:47 AM   #38
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJacksFamily View Post
They do offer an "ultimate" series of tours where they have preset list of attraction and dinning stops, on those tours they fill slots so you don't have to have a minimum number. As of now I have't heard if they would include any of the Star Wars attractions.
Do you have a link for that? Iím nosy and want to see what the offerings are.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:55 AM   #39
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Do you have a link for that? Iím nosy and want to see what the offerings are.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...tour-services/

Scroll down to the ultimate listings, the night adventure includes the avatar rides.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:00 PM   #40
fuzzylogic
One Bedroom

Quote:
Yeah, getting 10 strangers to agree to the same time and same agenda could be a challenge!
Getting 10 strangers to agree would be ok. However getting 10 ~planners~ to agree would be a task! Planners from 3 groups would have 3 spreadsheets of objectives and varying desire for specific attractions. Do you maximize the time on SWGE, spread out to FOP, MK, TT, Frozen...

Quote:
Honestly, though, even at $365 per person or whatever it drops down to, it just isn't worth it to me because I keep coming back.
So it's what - $365pp? Is that for real? $3,650 seems high. We have 10 in our group so we could fill a tour, but I thought they were in the $500-range not $multi-thousand-range.

ETA: Looking at ermindy's links, it's $349+tax for the ultimate day... It looks like on that tour you can buy just enough for your family.
Private VIP Tour seems to be per hour... $425/hr for a party of up to 10. But you can buy just a few hours if you want (?)… Digging further... Ugh 7 hour minimum under the "Know before you go" section. Why not put that by pricing? That kind of kills it for me.

ETAA: Reading about these further, I feel like I'd probably know as much as the guide and not really need the educational part. And our kids are older and more independent. So this seems like a great idea for a family that is new to WDW (and has the money to afford this of course), since it's more about them taking you around and teaching you stuff. I think I'd feel like it's a waste to get on some rides that I can already get on pretty quickly 10 other ways.

Last edited by fuzzylogic; 08-11-2019 at 12:22 PM.
fuzzylogic is offline   Reply With Quote