home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-23-2017, 10:06 AM   #31
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney54us View Post
In the email it says daily trash, in addition to regular housekeeping visits. The wording is strange, since receiving housekeeping on the 8th day is not ‘regular’ to me. Not sure exactly what the meant. I will take the trash removal, wouldn’t mind a few fresh towels. Our last stay at OKW I found the amount of towels left for a 2 bedroom to be on the skimpy side. If a two bed can sleep 9 leave enough towels accordingly.
I did read the email (finally got one!) and was just reading it as just trash daily in addition to the regular housekeeping schedules they keep (towel and full cleaning on the same old schedule). That's how I read of at least.

We've never needed more towels personally and we do not need them daily. We do not use towels once and then be done or even just twice. Plus if I really needed them, I'd just wash them myself.

I'm really against extra waste though. So even removing a plastic trash bag that isn't even full does bother me. It's not just DVC, but I decline housekeeping everywhere I stay and have for decades now.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:22 AM   #32
minthorne
One Bedroom

My last stay at BLT I was on the first floor. When trying to remove our trash or get ice we were surprised to find out both are only in the 4th floor and higher.
minthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 11:32 AM   #33
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I received a call about this from Ken Potrock's office. It is for security and safety reasons. Our dues will be covering the increase in trash, but they do not know the levels yet. You can request what time of day to come in upon check in. You can also request no trash to be removed if you do not want it If you leave the sign on the door you for long periods of time, you will get a text about letting someone in.

No other services beyond trash will be performed.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:38 AM   #34
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking Thanks for the update

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I received a call about this from Ken Potrock's office. It is for security and safety reasons. Our dues will be covering the increase in trash, but they do not know the levels yet. You can request what time of day to come in upon check in. You can also request no trash to be removed if you do not want it If you leave the sign on the door you for long periods of time, you will get a text about letting someone in.

No other services beyond trash will be performed.
Thanks Helenabear for the update.

I am encouraged to hear you can request the time of day to come in for check in. I'm wondering how the maids will have this info? Do they carry ipads, or paper sheets?

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 12:02 PM   #35
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
Thanks Helenabear for the update.

I am encouraged to hear you can request the time of day to come in for check in. I'm wondering how the maids will have this info? Do they carry ipads, or paper sheets?

Goldi
Darn it, I wish I had thought to ask how they know where to go and such. Good question.
Old 12-23-2017, 03:09 PM   #36
Ransom
Grand Villa

They carry little electronic devices showing the schedule.

We had a Mousekeeping snafu during our stay earlier this month: somehow they got us scheduled for cleanings two days in a row. When I came back to our room and was surprised to see a housekeeper in there, she was quick to show me on her device that she was indeed scheduled to be there. (So I called the scheduler and made sure they weren't going to charge us for that snafu.)
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:00 PM   #37
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
They carry little electronic devices showing the schedule.

We had a Mousekeeping snafu during our stay earlier this month: somehow they got us scheduled for cleanings two days in a row. When I came back to our room and was surprised to see a housekeeper in there, she was quick to show me on her device that she was indeed scheduled to be there. (So I called the scheduler and made sure they weren't going to charge us for that snafu.)
I have to say, it will indeed be a plus if they can truly schedule cleanings and checks for a particular window. It would be nice if they could do it by the day rather than "daily between 10 and Noon."

I was very pleased at how easily housekeeping rescheduled our full clean from one day to the next. We were lounging in the room due to a late night the night before and simply didn't want them coming in to ruin the vibe. No problem pushing it to the next day without any real notice, no charge, and they did indeed do the full clean the next day.

A few years ago, we tried the same at OKW and turned into a giant ClusterF . . .

Dirk
Old 12-23-2017, 05:19 PM   #38
rashba9
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default I happened to us

We are at Aulani. A couple days ago got a knock about 3:00? (can't remember) the guy says here to take your trash and give you fresh towels. I said "really? When did that start at DVC. He was unsure of what with going on... Next day housekeeping knocked to switch out the "do not disturb" sign. We talked for a little bit. She said because of Vegas, I said OK but we are switching rooms and have always put out the "do not disturb" sign so housekeeping does not bother until we leave, a practice Disney has always said to do because we switch rooms a lot! She had no answer. Next day about 9:30 housekeeping knocks on the door to see if we were leaving...
rashba9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:19 PM   #39
ilphil
Studio

Default Security???

If this is truly due to security concerns are they going to start rummaging thru drawers and looking in suitcases? I have SERIOUS concerns if that is the case.

If I had some nefarious plot up my sleeve I sure as hell wouldn't leave anything incriminating laying around in my room.

Seems to me this is just another "feel good" measure that doesn't really add anything to real security.
ilphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:07 PM   #40
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilphil View Post
If this is truly due to security concerns are they going to start rummaging thru drawers and looking in suitcases? I have SERIOUS concerns if that is the case.

If I had some nefarious plot up my sleeve I sure as hell wouldn't leave anything incriminating laying around in my room.

Seems to me this is just another "feel good" measure that doesn't really add anything to real security.

Because airlines can look through your bags, has that now become standard practice in the tourism industry?

Will I have to load all my personal stuff into the car everyday so that no one will rummage through it and/or steal it?

Will a locked suitcase deter them? The TSA will break into locked bags.

It would be impossible to detect drugs or guns without going through drawers and suitcases. No person with evil intent would leave such things around on the counter.

The final indignity is that Disney expects us to pay for this with increased maintenance fees.

My daughter and I travel together most of the time. She says that she would prefer selling all our points because we will be constantly stressed by this and won't enjoy our trips. I am waiting to see how it plays out, but I am not optimistic. We could buy a small vacation home with the $$ we would get from selling.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote