home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-14-2018, 07:04 AM   #121
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
On a lighter note, twice I’ve been walked in on in Vegas (ironically enough assuming the reasoning for this is indeed the incident there) while in the bathroom in some state of undress. Both times the housekeepers apologized profusely. Alas, when I invited them to join me, they declined...

Maybe those Vegas housekeeepers were just intimidated by your boyish good looks. Their loss .
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:09 AM   #122
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post

Maybe those Vegas housekeeepers were just intimidated by your boyish good looks. Their loss .
Well, that's ONE exclamation -- I mean explanation!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:46 AM   #123
Daddio
Grand Villa

Smile

We just completed 7 nights at the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian resort in a two bedroom. I was looking forward to daily trash service as my 3 year old grandson was in tow. Much to my dismay, we never got any trash service other than the one scheduled trash and towel.

~ David
Daddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:09 AM   #124
JerseyAmy
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
You were in your robe. I blow dry my hair in my bra and underwear. My husband brushes his teeth and/or shaves with a towel or without a towel wrapped around his hips. Enough said. I hope housekeeping isn't shy about nudity, they maybe seeing a lot of it from my family. I also have a 13 year old that constantly walks from the bathroom to the bedroom "au natural".
My robe is quite thin and short - and I dry my hair upside down for parts of it (meaning the robe rides up). Hence my husband's anger. He is also kind of a nudist inside and they would have gotten an eyeful had he just gotten out of the shower.

That latch is going to be the first thing we do when entering the room! When I travel alone, it always is. I just feel "safer" when not alone. I actually have a wedge made for hotel doors as well. May start packing it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
On a lighter note, twice I’ve been walked in on in Vegas (ironically enough assuming the reasoning for this is indeed the incident there) while in the bathroom in some state of undress. Both times the housekeepers apologized profusely. Alas, when I invited them to join me, they declined...
YIKES!!!!! Your reaction is priceless, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
We just completed 7 nights at the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian resort in a two bedroom. I was looking forward to daily trash service as my 3 year old grandson was in tow. Much to my dismay, we never got any trash service other than the one scheduled trash and towel.

~ David
We didn't get any trash and towel service at the Poly when we were just there. However, we didn't have a "room occupied" sign. I wonder if that alarms them or something and makes them think they need to come in more often????
JerseyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:43 AM   #125
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyAmy View Post
We just got back Friday from BWV. This is the first time we have experienced the security/trash service. We used the "room occupied" sign and didn't mind when trash service occurred while out of the room. We received a VM saying that they noticed the sign but that someone would be entering the room for trash service and our security.

However, we had two not so great experiences. The first: My son was on the reservation and when he came to the room to let himself in, the guy doing the service tapped lightly on the door as soon as it closed WHILE opening the door. We were all like "what the heck" and laughed it off.

The second time, my husband had just gotten back to the room and we didn't have the door latched. I was drying my hair in my (thin, short) robe and Yuri said it was a light tap again (he was in the kitchen) and the guy was in the room. There was no chance for him to open the door. The guy poked his head around the corner and looked in the bathroom while I was standing there with my hair dryer and asked if I had trash (it's not a loud dryer and could hear him - so I don't think that the knock was loud and yuri missed it). It was the same guy.

I don't know if this was because we left the sign up continuously like we normally would with a "do not disturb" sign. I'm not feeling overly alarmist about this, but we will ALWAYS use the latch from the moment we enter room from now on. I'm not sure how I would have reacted if I were alone in the room in my robe and turned around to see a stranger there. I'm considering sending an email expressing my concern on how they handle the amount of time between knocking and entering.

It was just... weird.

Not saying this was the case but what a convenient excuse for someone who has a peeping inclination. "But I'm supposed to do it!". He needed reporting to get some more training on how to appropriately handle the room check.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:55 AM   #126
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post

Not saying this was the case but what a convenient excuse for someone who has a peeping inclination. "But I'm supposed to do it!". He needed reporting to get some more training on how to appropriately handle the room check.

I get that there is a new policy and that they have to enter the room daily. However, there are better ways to do this. Knocking while opening the door is NOT one of those ways. This CM definitely needs to be reported.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #127
JerseyAmy
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post

It didn't feel like that, but I thought about that if it was the wrong employee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post

I get that there is a new policy and that they have to enter the room daily. However, there are better ways to do this. Knocking while opening the door is NOT one of those ways. This CM definitely needs to be reported.
Totally agreed. I am all for safety and security, but this isn't the way to do it. I really don't care that they have to come into the room, otherwise.
JerseyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:43 PM   #128
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
We just completed 7 nights at the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian resort in a two bedroom. I was looking forward to daily trash service as my 3 year old grandson was in tow.
Isn't it great taking the grandkids? So much different then taking the kids when they were younger.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:40 PM   #129
ssdownthehatch
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Isn't it great taking the grandkids? So much different then taking the kids when they were younger.
Many ascribe to the ...

"If I had known about grandkids I would have had them first"

Last edited by ssdownthehatch; 05-14-2018 at 07:16 PM.
ssdownthehatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:49 PM   #130
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Default Occupied Sign

I'm partially concerned that if a large number of people leave the "room occupied" sign up 24/7, it defeats the purpose of the sign and thus we won't have a sign.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote