home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-17-2018, 12:47 PM   #1
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Default Jeff Vahle To Oversee DVC

Intersting...

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...edium=facebook
Old 04-17-2018, 01:07 PM   #2
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Interesting. Thanks. Sounds like it's a reorganizing of the group that DVC is a part of.

I have a parishioner who is a strong DVC point going to Rollins this year. I'll have to tell him that if he gets an MBA there, he might be able to run DVC in a few years.

Dirk
Old 04-17-2018, 01:22 PM   #3
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Personally, I don't like all the DVC change over in management. Every time there is a new player invovoled, there are either changes because of them wanting to leave their mark or apathy, because is going to be another short stay and they really don't care about the long term for DVC.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:48 PM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Interesting. Thanks. Sounds like it's a reorganizing of the group that DVC is a part of.

I have a parishioner who is a strong DVC point going to Rollins this year. I'll have to tell him that if he gets an MBA there, he might be able to run DVC in a few years.

Dirk
Lol, good luck to your parishioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Personally, I don't like all the DVC change over in management. Every time there is a new player invovoled, there are either changes because of them wanting to leave their mark or apathy, because is going to be another short stay and they really don't care about the long term for DVC.
That's something I hadn't thought of. Though honestly it sounds like something we've been saying about her school superintendent. Anyway, I'm more interested in this new "Signature Experience" aspect that has me intrigued - what are they implying with that?
Old 04-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #5
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

Quote:

I agree... I will be looking for weird for changes for the new guy to " show he is doing something"....hopefully he will come up with a big ole' FAT park ticket discount for 5 day park hoppers b/c that is what I am planning to buy in the next few month.....Here's to hoping for some PIXIE DUST!!!!!

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS21 DD15

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:26 PM   #6
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Wonder if this means the end of MM? Sure hope it doesn't mean the end of DVC annual passes.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #7
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Letís all hope the changes he implements will be beneficial ones. There is a lot of room for improvement on direct sales. Bring back free annual passes for a year, start earlier FP booking windows, free dining plans, etc. People inherently like to feel like they are getting a deal or extras which is tough to accomplish at todayís direct prices. I could go on and on. Also, for current members, figure out ways to make us want to come more. We need more things like MM so that we want to come more frequently and spend money. Donít keep stripping benefits which make us resentful.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:39 PM   #8
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Letís all hope the changes he implements will be beneficial ones. There is a lot of room for improvement on direct sales. Bring back free annual passes for a year, start earlier FP booking windows, free dining plans, etc. People inherently like to feel like they are getting a deal or extras which is tough to accomplish at todayís direct prices. I could go on and on. Also, for current members, figure out ways to make us want to come more. We need more things like MM so that we want to come more frequently and spend money. Donít keep stripping benefits which make us resentful.
Some of those would be nice! I won't hold my breath though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post

Wonder if this means the end of MM? Sure hope it doesn't mean the end of DVC annual passes.
Why would it auto mean that to you? Judy curious
Old 04-17-2018, 03:46 PM   #9
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

He has a BS in Mechanical Engineering. That should be helpful in his new role

and MNSSHP!

NOV 2005 Grand Floridian (cash) - engagement!
FEB 2007 Port Orleans Riverside (cash)
APR 2009 Polynesian (cash)
JUN 2011 Contemporary (cash)
OCT 2011 Contemporary (cash) - MNSSHP
! New DVC Owners !
OCT 2013 BLT/VGF opening day
MAY 2014 BLT
OCT 2014 BLT - MNSSHP
MAY 2016 AKV - MK After-Hours
AUG 2016 VGF
OCT 2016 BLT -MNSSHP
APR 2017 OKW
OCT 2017 VGF - MNSSHP
DEC 2017 BLT
APR 2018 Coronado Springs (cash)
SEP 2018 BCV
OCT 2018 CCV -MNSSHP

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:51 PM   #10
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post

Why would it auto mean that to you? Judy curious
Because they are expensive. New guy might think DVD marketing dollars could be used more effectively elsewhere.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote