home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-22-2017, 04:34 PM   #11
melk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
I thought it was just daily trash service and same towel service. I see the wording with housekeeping, but it led me to believe that housekeeping services werenít changing. Can anyone weigh in on this?
That's how I understood it.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 04:39 PM   #12
tbgame32
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveresorts View Post
I believe this is to get someone in the room everyday as kind of a security thing to make sure no one is planning a Las Vegas Style event.

That and to clean up all the damn trash left outside doors by lazy people!
tbgame32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:26 PM   #13
DeniseKayC
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbgame32 View Post
Agreed, I think some of this is probably due to housekeepers coming in on day 4 and having to deal with a gigantic mess of trash.

We keep our room fairly neat, and take our own trash down to the room as needed, but I admit, we wait to do it until we can't wait any longer and it's always a search to figure out where the heck exactly IS the trash room as they don't seem to ever have very prevalent signage for them.

If we hate doing it, and have trouble finding the trash rooms, I can only imagine what other families who may be less neat than we are do to their rooms.
DeniseKayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:41 PM   #14
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbgame32 View Post
Of course people shouldn't be doing that but it's always bugged me that no staff, including housekeeping which is on every floor every day, picks it up and disposes of it along with the other trash that is being removed. I don't think it's always clearly set out that the occupants should take their trash to the trash room and the locations of those. Either way I've felt it was very inappropriate for housekeeping or whomever to also leave it sitting there.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:09 PM   #15
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseKayC View Post
Agreed, I think some of this is probably due to housekeepers coming in on day 4 and having to deal with a gigantic mess of trash.

We keep our room fairly neat, and take our own trash down to the room as needed, but I admit, we wait to do it until we can't wait any longer and it's always a search to figure out where the heck exactly IS the trash room as they don't seem to ever have very prevalent signage for them.

If we hate doing it, and have trouble finding the trash rooms, I can only imagine what other families who may be less neat than we are do to their rooms.
I split stay a lot and I cannot begin to tell you how many times I roam up and down corridors with a bag in my hand looking for a trash room!!! It drives me nuts. All the more so if corridors are long and 'forks in the road' such as BWV. One time I literally walked back to the room and dropped the bag in the corner. DH was laughing and I was fuming.

PLUS even though I always play this 'hunt' game and I instruct my adult family in DVC rooms to do the same, where is this even stated or suggested as expected?
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 06:26 PM   #16
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

I am curious of the wording as well.
But I like it just the way it is. We keep the room clean, straighten our bed every day and take out any food garbage to the trash room.
Easy Peasy.
Again, we mainly do this for comfort and I donít want to draw bugs. (I know itís false, because if itís next door...)
I donít like trash in the house at home either.
We like the undisturbed feeling. Privacy.
Feels like home.
Although I do also understand the Vegas aspect of ďroom checkingĒ now.
Hmmmm
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:07 PM   #17
jedwards
Add-on Aficionado

Im excited for the change... the actual wording:

Your in-room experience has never been more important to us. That's why we will begin removing trash from your rooms at Disney Vacation Club resorts on a daily basis in addition to regular housekeeping visits. The daily service begins December 22, 2017, at five resort properties (Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian, Disney's Grand Californian and Aulani). The service extends to all other Disney Vacation Club resorts on January 7, 2018.

It seems like it will be daily trash and towel service and expanded, but not daily, housekeeping. That makes me happy.

Last edited by jedwards; 12-23-2017 at 09:19 AM.
jedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:43 PM   #18
Caren90
Two Bedroom

We usually don't stay long enough in one room for this to matter, but in all of our other timeshares we receive daily trash and housekeeping.

Stephen
Caren90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:50 PM   #19
twingirls
Two Bedroom

My husband is happy not to have to take out the garbage anymore. We almost always stay at BWV.
twingirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 09:03 PM   #20
pirate431
Studio

A positive change from my standpoint, including the security improvement.

Although perhaps now moot, I thought I read here or elsewhere that one could leave bagged trash in the hall in the morning for pickup. Did I imagine that?
pirate431 is offline   Reply With Quote