home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: How Much Time is REASONABLE for a WDW/Orlando Trip? urs, [b]how m
0-3 Days 1 1.28%
4-8 Days 53 67.95%
9-14 Days 18 23.08%
15-20 Days 4 5.13%
21+ Days 2 2.56%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2018, 09:08 PM   #1
MagicAllAroundUs
One Bedroom

Default How Much Time is REASONABLE for a WDW/Orlando Trip? *POLL*

For those of you who have to either fly to or drive to WDW for over 8 hours, how many days per trip do you spend visiting WDW?

I feel like every year, my trip gets a little bit longer because I feel like the last trip just wasn't long enough to do all the things we'd like. When we visit, we stay on Pacific Time, which means we start 50-75% of our days with a late character breakfast and start getting on rides or exploring the theme parks around 12pm. We generally get on all the major rides at least once a day and try to plan a rest day once every 6-7 days for enjoying the resort pools and doing non-theme park things on Disney World property.

This year, we were supposed to go for 14 days but I'm now considering making it a 21 day trip since my daughter will be starting kindergarten this fall and we will start to be limited to traveling during summers or peak periods. I don't have any Disnerds in my life, so everyone I know thinks that is unnecessary and extreme.

Thoughts? How many days do you spend per year in Orlando? How many of those days are spent doing things OUTSIDE of the theme parks? Do you take break days or visit other parks and places outside of Disney?

1990, 1992, 1994, 1998, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017

Home Resorts: BWV, BCV, AKV, SSR, BLT, PVB

Last edited by MagicAllAroundUs; 03-07-2018 at 09:28 PM.
MagicAllAroundUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:12 PM   #2
MagicAllAroundUs
One Bedroom

Of course, I realize this is purely subjective. I'm just trying to get a feel of how much time you feel is "enough" to do the things that are important to you on your WDW/Orlando trips.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:26 PM   #3
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Are you asking days per trip or days per year ?

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:29 PM   #4
MagicAllAroundUs
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
Are you asking days per trip or days per year ?
Oops! Edited that. Days per trip.. but I realize that's a bit deceiving because some people can go multiple times per year.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:34 PM   #5
mustinjourney
Two Bedroom

My flight takes 2 hours and 15 minutes, so I'm in a completely different time zone (Houston)...but I can't imagine staying 3 consecutive weeks on vacation.

We have done 8 days and my wife was ready to go home by day 6 (I still was good to hang for another day or two). I do know that 4 nights is not enough.

For us, 7 nights is a good amount of time. 10 would likely be the absolute max for us though. So 7 days +/- 3 days for the typical stay.

At 21 days, you might as well buy a condo in Orlando and make it truly your second home.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:40 PM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Only a 2.5 hour flight here, and I go 3-4 times a year. Most trips are 3-5 nights, with my Christmas / New Year’s trip usually 10-12 nights. Works well for me...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:48 PM   #7
DeniseKayC
Two Bedroom

Our usual yearly big trip is for 8 nights. I could probably stay longer, but the rest of my family is usually ready to go home by the end. The last couple years we have started to get out of the Disney bubble and try out other parks for a day during each trip. We’ve done NASA at Cape Canaveral and SeaWorld.

Our next trip we will finally go to the “dark side”, Universal. That trip I extended to 9 nights as we plan on spending 2 days there to really do Universal properly.

Our typical trip usually goes like this...go hard the first 4 days we’re there, hit the wall and have a very slow day 5, spend the last days revisiting favorite things, but at a slower pace.
DeniseKayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:15 PM   #8
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Takes us 3 hours to get to the airport, but then only a 2 hour(usually less) flight. My ideal length of stay depends on why I'm going and how many people are traveling with me.

For a solo trip or a me + 1 trip, 5 days is perfect. For a larger group, we usually stay 8-10 days. I do like to visit Sea World and Universal, but they aren't a "must do". On longer trips I have to have a "down day", or I get as cranky as an overtired toddler. Or so my loving hubby says!
Old 03-07-2018, 10:21 PM   #9
MOTed
One Bedroom

Our ‘normal’ Disney trip is 7 days, which we do two or, sometimes, three times per year. We sometimes fly, sometimes drive. It’s a 12 1/2 hour drive from Virginia, or a 2-hour flight (from an airport that’s a 2-hour drive away).
Old 03-07-2018, 10:21 PM   #10
SherriH
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Our flight is just over 2 hours. If our college age kids go with us, we typically stay 6 to 7 nights. If my husband and I make a second trip by ourselves then we typically stay 4 to 5 nights. Each trip I would gladly stay another day or two. I've never felt like I was "ready to go home". The great part is, I know there's always going to be another trip.
SherriH is offline   Reply With Quote