home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-27-2018, 07:17 PM   #11
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyAmy View Post
Cool! We don't plan on any table service on these short trips. I was reading that pool bars have great food values. We are not huge fans of Captain Cook's at thePoly, but when I saw the Oasis menu and showed my husband, we were sold! I think we are currently planning to save our snacks (so 4 each) for F&G Friday!

Also, I used my Target red card to get Disney gift cards at 5% off (which I was able to do online and had emailed GC's in an hour) and used them for payment so the plan was slightly less.
Sounds fun. I've heard really good things about the food at the Oasis. Last I saw the hours were really short, though. I'd be interested in knowing if that's still accurate on your trip.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:35 PM   #12
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
We have a very short trip booked for 3/1 leaving 3/3 to do Disney After Hours. Staying at the Poly, super excited for the event and opening weekend of F&G! We are doing something crazy - I purchased the QSDP for the three of us (I always put my 25 year old son on our reservations since he lives in Orlando, visits us at the resort and comes to the parks with us when off). Since we are there for such a short period, I looked into dining plans. As many are aware, they got rid of desserts and added alcohol. We typically have a drink at meals, and some of our favorite QS restaurants have good ones (patron margaritas in Mexico - hello!). We plan to have a late lunch at the Oasis pool bar before heading to the parks - they also have drinks. We will have snack credits for F&G food booths too!

We are not planning on ordering the most expensive things on the menu for the sake of it - just what we want. I don't think I could do this for a week long trip - the MK will hardly lead to break even on the plan if used there. I plan to keep receipts and see if this was worth doing! If we have any credits left, perhaps we will hit the Polite Pig on Saturday before heading home!

I will report back after the trip. In the meantime, if anyone wants to share their QS experiences/tips, please fee free!
I may consider this for our post cruise day which I am hoping will be opening day of F&W!
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:52 PM   #13
dvf_diva
Grand Villa

Sounds like a good plan!

Feb 2019 VGF
May 2019 VGF
June 2019 BLT
Aug 2019 Celebrity Eclipse to Alaska
Oct 2019 Disney Magic DVC Member Cruise -- waitlist
Nov 2019 AKL - tentative
Feb 2020 Disney Fantasy - tentative
dvf_diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:53 PM   #14
JerseyAmy
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
Sounds fun. I've heard really good things about the food at the Oasis. Last I saw the hours were really short, though. I'd be interested in knowing if that's still accurate on your trip.
I think it's open until 5, but we are going to shoot for 3:00 since I will be driving from South Florida. We are doing the 9-12p Disney After Hours and don't want to be there too terribly early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
I may consider this for our post cruise day which I am hoping will be opening day of F&W!
That would be perfect!
JerseyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:56 PM   #15
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks! I will get a report out with a comparison when back!
Looking forward to your report. I'm considering something similar for our short April trip!
Old 03-02-2018, 11:37 AM   #16
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
I think it's open until 5, but we are going to shoot for 3:00 since I will be driving from South Florida. We are doing the 9-12p Disney After Hours and don't want to be there too terribly early.
Okay, thank you. I was hoping to be able to grab a quick dinner to-go after the kids go to sleep, but 5:00 would be much too early for us. It seems strange to me that it closes so early.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:58 PM   #17
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
Okay, thank you. I was hoping to be able to grab a quick dinner to-go after the kids go to sleep, but 5:00 would be much too early for us. It seems strange to me that it closes so early.
I don't think it gets much business and is meant for busier pool times when someone might want to grab some lunch without leaving the area. It's also in a gated area which of course isn't impossible for guests not staying there but isn't a destination for non Poly guests to go dine at. For example Hurricane Hanna's is outside the SAB bubble so non-BC/YC/BCV guests can dine there but no so at the Oasis pool.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:59 PM   #18
ajc
Grand Villa

don't forget to try Eight Spoon Cafe on Discovery Island for shrimp or pork topped mac and cheese at AKP. It is a large portion for a snack credit.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:36 PM   #19
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I don't think it gets much business and is meant for busier pool times when someone might want to grab some lunch without leaving the area. It's also in a gated area which of course isn't impossible for guests not staying there but isn't a destination for non Poly guests to go dine at. For example Hurricane Hanna's is outside the SAB bubble so non-BC/YC/BCV guests can dine there but no so at the Oasis pool.
That makes sense. I just remember seeing the menu and reading good reviews about the food; a lot of it sounded more appealing than Captain Cook's. Maybe we'll have to squeeze it in for lunch during one of our slow days.