home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:10 PM   #391
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

I think it is time for me to get myself ready for bed. Long day yesterday...worked from home in the evening...trying to get things done before the cruise. Monday and Wednesday, I didn't get much done....so I worked last night until 11, then tried to stay focused today...got a few things that have been hanging on a while done, but by afternoon, just not able to focus and at this point can't keep my eyes open. Watching a 15 yo playing in the third round of the Aussie Open. She doesn't look 15.
Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM   #392
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
$200 onboard credit doesn't seem like a huge compensation for an entire vacation being rescheduled, Karl. I guess they know what works for them though, and I know that they have those sorts of things covered in their policy. At least they'll pay fro airfare changes, too. But you could really be screwed there if the airfare changed a lot.
Ya Dave that's what I thought ($200 on board credit isn't much at all if you really just wanted that cruise) , but luckily they had a promotion (Ended Monday Jan. 15 th) that had 30 % off, that plus loyalty discount, we were able to extend by one night and upgrade to Jr. suite for only 200 more dollars for everything (Tax. ect) . Plus the promotion gave more on board credit, got on board credit for bookinh while on the ship last time, ... comes out to $ 550 on board credit, which makes it a good deal for us.

...... Dave have they said if you have a first, second, or third degree shoulder separation ? .... sure hope you feel better soon, ... i didn't read back, are you using a sling ?

Goodnight Kelly and Goodnight Gracie, ... i have a 6:30 am start

WDW
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:17 AM   #393
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Much better deal than what that email offered, Karl. Well done!

Kelly, missed that about the 15-year-old. Wow. Nicely done on getting some needed work done.

Hooray for Friday. Morning meeting but hopefully quiet after that. We shall see...

Quiet weekend, too. Sunday’s conference championship games of course but nothing really at the moment besides that. Again, we shall see...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:16 AM   #394
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

G’morning..... this is going to be a long day today. I fell asleep just after midnight and woke up at 5a for some odd reason. I couldn’t get back to sleep before my 6a alarm....

Quote:
Speaking of teeth.... Pam, that's an amazing difference! She looks gorgeous! Amazing how far they can move teeth.
Thanks! I was amazed when I went back and looked at the before pics too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy View Post
Pam, you are right, with both of them together, it makes it a little more comfortable.m but it is time they depended on themselves. They did a breakfast one weekend when we were away that I wish they would make for me. It looked delish.
What did they make? There’s always Mother’s Day....

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Pam, amazing before and after, so worth every penny. Now lock her in her room for 6 years
That’s what I was thinking too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Pam, she looks beautiful. Definitely reason to have her remain supervised as long as you can. Same argument goes for Dave. Kelly, too, but the brother-sister combination works well there. If Pam’s son and Dave’s son were around I’d be good with that, too. So says the non-parent.
Exactly what I was thinking, Brian!

Quote:
Doc said no breaks and no dislocation. Issue is with the ligaments between acromion and humerus (I think). Gave me a shot of some nsaid, scripts for other pain stuff (tramadol) and told me to call my ortho.
Ouch! Hope that shoulder stabilizes soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikayla73 View Post
Morning ... err afternoon everyone We're feeling better here. Still slight congestion and occasional cough, but better.
Glad you’re both feeling better, Norma!

Nancy - nice home! I remember the pellet system being brought up in the past....

Kelly - on getting work done at home. I haven’t heard about the 15 yo at the Australian Open yet. But i’ll keep an eye out....

Karl - I agree, a $200 onboard credit doesn’t seem enough compensation for canceling your cruise. But with all of the other deals you’ve gotten, the upgrade and other credits, it seems like it’s worked out well.

I guess I should go get ready for work now.... TGIF! I might need a nap this afternoon.....

ME DH DS19 DD16
disneymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:34 AM   #395
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Ya Dave that's what I thought ($200 on board credit isn't much at all if you really just wanted that cruise) , but luckily they had a promotion (Ended Monday Jan. 15 th) that had 30 % off, that plus loyalty discount, we were able to extend by one night and upgrade to Jr. suite for only 200 more dollars for everything (Tax. ect) . Plus the promotion gave more on board credit, got on board credit for bookinh while on the ship last time, ... comes out to $ 550 on board credit, which makes it a good deal for us.

...... Dave have they said if you have a first, second, or third degree shoulder separation ? .... sure hope you feel better soon, ... i didn't read back, are you using a sling ?

Goodnight Kelly and Goodnight Gracie, ... i have a 6:30 am start
Sounds like it worked out quite well, despite only $200 for your troubles. The junior suite for only $200 more? Heck yeah!

Doc said no separation evident on the xray. Issue is ligament strain(?). Pain is primarily lateral and anterior of the acromion. Doc didn't notice any excessive vertical movement between the acromion and humerus (?), so he was thinking it wasn't much of a tear, if any at all. I suppose AC joint might be right, too.

Last edited by D C; Today at 11:12 AM.
D C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:05 AM   #396
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Sounds like it worked out quite well, despite only $200 for your troubles. The junior suite for only $200 more? Heck yeah!

Doc said no separation evident on the xray. Issue is ligament strain(?). Pain is primarily lateral and anterior of the acromion. Doc didn't notice any excessive vertical movement between the acromion and humerus, so he was thinking it wasn't much of a tear, if any at all.
And all I read is blah blah blah. Lots of people on this thread understand it...I sure don't.

Pam, the 15 yo was bounced last night....by a countrywoman no less. Oh and they made scrambled eggs and toasted bagels...but you toast the bagel in the toaster, put onion and chive cream cheese on it, sprinkle with cheddar cheese over top and then broil it in the oven....so good. DS did a great job on them. Speaking of which, I have to go buy a new toaster oven, my DS went to make something yesterday afternoon, heard a pop and then smoke come out of the side of the oven....he wisely unplugged it. I got home and there was a burnt electrical smell in the house....so shopping I will go.

Brian, I still have an extensive list of things that I need to get done, but I am hoping that with a few hours this weekend and then concentrate next week, that I should be able to get the bulk of the deadline stuff done...then it is only staying on top of things until the cruise. Sounds like Dave may be hurtin' on the cruise....I might have lost my waiter
Old Today, 11:14 AM   #397
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy View Post
And all I read is blah blah blah. Lots of people on this thread understand it...I sure don't.

Pam, the 15 yo was bounced last night....by a countrywoman no less. Oh and they made scrambled eggs and toasted bagels...but you toast the bagel in the toaster, put onion and chive cream cheese on it, sprinkle with cheddar cheese over top and then broil it in the oven....so good. DS did a great job on them. Speaking of which, I have to go buy a new toaster oven, my DS went to make something yesterday afternoon, heard a pop and then smoke come out of the side of the oven....he wisely unplugged it. I got home and there was a burnt electrical smell in the house....so shopping I will go.

Brian, I still have an extensive list of things that I need to get done, but I am hoping that with a few hours this weekend and then concentrate next week, that I should be able to get the bulk of the deadline stuff done...then it is only staying on top of things until the cruise. Sounds like Dave may be hurtin' on the cruise....I might have lost my waiter
Awwww man. He didn't save the smoke? You just need to put the smoke back in and it'll work fine.

And in case you didn't realise it before, smoke is what makes everything work. When you let the smoke out of stuff, it doesn't work so well, or flat-out breaks.