home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-26-2022, 10:11 PM   #301
beansprout
Add-on Aficionado

Hi all. Glad to see folks traveling once again. Baker, Europe is on my list for next year. Good to know the flight wasnít bad. Iíve never been on a plane for a long haul. I did fly across the country to Alaska once and with all the stops and layovers it took longer than a red eye to Europe!

Anyone have big Memorial weekend plans? Itíll be quiet here so let me live vicariously through you.
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:23 AM   #302
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Our youngest and I have returned from our 9 day Trafalgar Tour of London and Paris. We had a wonderful time. I haven't traveled overseas since '77 and I was wondering how I'd handle the long flight. I actually did well. The newer international planes have so much onboard free entertainment that didn't exist 40+ years ago. Trafalgar was a great choice. The hotels were very conveniently placed by tourist attractions. The itinerary provided guided tours to the main tourist attractions with plenty of free time that could be filled with optional guided tours. We only did two optional tours - both in Paris. We preferred to use our free time to enjoy the cities on our own. The Director of the tour would give us ideas of places to visit, which we appreciated.

Amazingly the entire trip was mask less. No masks required at the Philadelphia airport, on the planes, on metro, buses, ferry - it was kind of amazing. We did need to test 24 hours before returning to the US, which was $17 euro and quick. I have to admit that some of the crunchy areas (changing of the guard & Versailles) I was a bit uncomfortable.

Saturday we're off to WDW for a long weekend. I am hoping it's as mask free as going to Europe.

Glad you enjoyed! And wonderful on a fully maskless trip. As for WDW, itís as maskless as you want it to be now, not required anywhere. Hopefully never to be required again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Hi all. Glad to see folks traveling once again. Baker, Europe is on my list for next year. Good to know the flight wasnít bad. Iíve never been on a plane for a long haul. I did fly across the country to Alaska once and with all the stops and layovers it took longer than a red eye to Europe!

Anyone have big Memorial weekend plans? Itíll be quiet here so let me live vicariously through you.

Grabbed a Boulder Ridge 1-bedroom for Saturday night a couple hours ago so looks like Iíll have a quick Disney getaway. 90s though so will be almost solely inside time for me. Tom and Robin here this weekend so dinner with them.

Thatís it for nowÖ
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 08:39 AM   #303
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

We're enjoying our rescheduled November '21 trip we had to cancel. Unless SW changes it will be our last time using SWVacations as they can only be used with flying SW round trip. Epcot here we come (hopefully, as we're on a SW 1:40p flight which is often cancelled or delayed).
Old 05-27-2022, 08:40 AM   #304
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Glad you enjoyed! And wonderful on a fully maskless trip. As for WDW, itís as maskless as you want it to be now, not required anywhere. Hopefully never to be required again.

Grabbed a Boulder Ridge 1-bedroom for Saturday night a couple hours ago so looks like Iíll have a quick Disney getaway. 90s though so will be almost solely inside time for me. Tom and Robin here this weekend so dinner with them.

Thatís it for nowÖ
Say 'Hi' to Tom & Robin - miss his MO commentary
Old 05-27-2022, 09:58 AM   #305
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
I second that!!!
Old 05-27-2022, 05:52 PM   #306
reblzmom
Grand Villa

No weekend plans here! With being away for two weeks - then out last week at our company meeting in Atlanta I am happy to have no place to go!! However, I am still jealous that Brian can just book a random night at WDW. The month of May just disappeared. I can't believe it is Memorial Day already.

Planning to watch Obi-Wan on Disney plus with our son tonight. Ordered some pizza and I might open the bottle of Skywalker wine I got for Christmas.
Old 05-27-2022, 10:19 PM   #307
beansprout
Add-on Aficionado

Patty, enjoy your quiet weekend, and time with your son and that bottle

Brian, sounds like a good time!

Baker, so many rescheduled trips from the last two years. Almost feels like the fun of planning a trip two years ago has become ď letís just get it over with! ď.
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 10:57 PM   #308
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Iíd like to say chocolate doughnuts are on my holiday plans but no.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:52 PM   #309
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
I second that!!!

Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
No weekend plans here! With being away for two weeks - then out last week at our company meeting in Atlanta I am happy to have no place to go!! However, I am still jealous that Brian can just book a random night at WDW. The month of May just disappeared. I can't believe it is Memorial Day already.

Planning to watch Obi-Wan on Disney plus with our son tonight. Ordered some pizza and I might open the bottle of Skywalker wine I got for Christmas.

You can do it, too! Just takes you a bit longer to get down hereÖ

Quote:
Patty, enjoy your quiet weekend, and time with your son and that bottle

Brian, sounds like a good time!

Baker, so many rescheduled trips from the last two years. Almost feels like the fun of planning a trip two years ago has become ď letís just get it over with! ď.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Iíd like to say chocolate doughnuts are on my holiday plans but no.

Bah humbug.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 10:31 AM   #310
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote